Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 5, 2015

Absolutely loved my time at the charming Constitution Oak Bed & Breakfast. I spent three nights in late October 2015. The innkeeper was very warm and welcoming, and I very much appreciated that she allowed me to check in whenever was most convenient. My room was on the first floor just outside the breakfast area, and my room, like the the rest of the house, was beautiful and very comfortable. The B&B offered Wifi, which allowed me to check the weather, plan, and map out my day (since I traveled from Brooklyn, my cell phone reception was spotty). I enjoyed the breakfasts, which consisted of fresh fruit, a selection of cereal and granola, pastries, delicious walnut bread, tea and coffee. A mini-fridge also allowed me to keep sandwiches that I packed for a next day's hiking adventure at the nearby White Memorial Conservation Center. The weather was warm enough while I was there that I could sit outside and take in the surrounding peacefulness, watch and listen to the birds that visited at a feeder near the front of the house. I imagine that it must be lovely to be there any time of year. My trip there definitely renewed my spirit! Highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: My first floor room allowed me to easily watch little birds (dark-eyed juncos) poking around outside in the leaves. Loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2014

On June 28, 2014 my wife and me spent an enjoyable night at Constitution Oak B & B. The location is perfect for peace & quiet with beautiful views of the surrounding country side. Homes in the neighborhood are typically 150 to 200 year old well maintained residences on very large lots. Beardsley Road hardly generates any traffic. Within close proximity to the neighborhood is Lake Waramaug and golf country club. The B & B is is an old restored 1833 farmhouse. We had the 1st floor front room with a queen size bed. This a huge room, the largest we have stayed in. The bath was very small (closet size) with a stall shower. The owner was very friendly and helpful. We did not eat breakfast there because we attended a wedding reception breakfast at the nearby Lake Waramaug Country Club. We especially enjoyed taking a walk on Beardsley Road and enjoying the scenery. The best way to contact the owners is by email. Their policy is to mail them payment in advance for your stay. I recommend this B&B for those who would like a quiet & peaceful stay in beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family