“Average casual restaurant with OK food”
Review of Kent Pizza Garden

Kent Pizza Garden
Ranked #13 of 15 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Kent Pizza Garden was born in 1970 from a couple's passion to share authentic recipes from their family in Greece to locals residing in the Kent, CT area.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to Kent to check out the town and then decided to look for a place to eat. Although we got recommendations about Gifford's and Fife'n Drum, we were looking to spend less than $30 for an entree so we choose Kent Pizza and Pasta Garden. The menu was pretty standard- steak, burgers, grilled salmon, roasted chicken, pizza and pasta. Nothing looked extremely gourmet, but it looked like a good choice. We got a medium pizza and the steak. My steak was just average. I got a side of baked potato and steamed broccoli with it. Kind of boring; I could make that at home, but the meat was..good overall. The pizza was delicious though. I think they specialize in pizzas, and the medium size pizza is actually more than enough to feed two people. We left with doggie bags. The decor is old-style, seventies, dark wood and leather type. The service was pretty OK though. I would eat there again just because it is one of the most affordable places in town, but I would't go out of my way to go there.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Make this your destination if you have young children, the place is super casual and comfortable with a wide selection of food. The pizza, burgers and salads are good and they have a fun cookie ice cream sundae for sharing! Nice sized bar if you just want a drink and quick bite.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have frequented the Kent area in summers for decades. Kent Pizza had been a favorite over the years. Our recent return, however, was quite disappointing. I asked for no pasta with my eggplant parmesan dinner, and what I was given was a tiny appetizer-sized plate of the entree, which I finished in a small number of bites. I suppose that if I had been given the pasta, it would have been the vast majority of the food in the order. Nevertheless I was charged the full $15 for my "appetizer". I also ordered an iceberg wedge which, based on the $8 charge, I had hoped would be quite good, but the blue cheese dressing was subpar. Our dinner for two at this pizza joint, without drinks or dessert (including a reasonable tip - as the waitress was nice, even though she didn't seem to realize the problem with my entree) came to about $50. Perhaps we should have stuck with the pizza.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My hubby and I stopped here after hiking in the pouring rain all day. All we wanted was yummy warm food, cold beer, and a relax spot to go over the days activities. The beer selection wasn't bad, my draft was perfect. The menu looked great, the food came fast, all of the ingredients were super fresh! Our server ruined our experience. No amount of quality, creative food can save a restaurant that has uninterested, tassaturn, surely wait-staff. She actually made me feel horrible for having made her "serve" us. It was too bad, like I said, I wanted to love this place....

1  Thank Kauaibekah
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and me went on a drive from jersey city to Kent falls, and by the time we reached after a two and half hour drive from the New York traffic, we were famished and it was lunch time too. We are vegetarians and were a little skeptical when we walked in but the hostess was very welcoming and we were offered quite a few choices and she also offered to go off the menu for us. However we chose the soup of the day which was a minestrone and a Pizza which was quite crunchy, soft and delicious. Normally the both of us aren't able to finish a pizza but here it was over before we realized it.

1  Thank rajkumarharalalka22

Been to Kent Pizza Garden? Share your experiences!