“Decent food not what you would expect.”

Ivoryton Tavern Cafe
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Ivoryton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We ate dinner here last night With some friends. I had a two pork chop special with sweet potato fries and my girlfriend had grilled chicken on a croissant with blue cheese. My food was okay I felt like it needed a lot of salt and pepper it was kind of bland. My girlfriend said her she her soup had no flavor and she never finished her chicken sandwich. Overall the food is decent but I would only go there if The Blue Hound Cookery was closed or booked. The place is old and beat up . We sat in the corner where the floor was uneven I felt like the table was 3 or 4 inches too high. The window was covered with plastic but didn't keep out the cold.

1  Thank Vince6575

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Well - I was told Tavern changed hands - so we decided to give a go . Went early on a Friday night. We walked in around 5:30 and stood by the door for a about 5 minutes. Hmmm. So we saw an open table to the left and decided to move toward it - ALL of a SUDDEN someone pops out of somewhere, points at us and yells - YOU CAN"t SIT THERE! Go sit over at that table...." sheesh - that was welcoming - we were in a pretty good mood , so after pointing out that I could not sit at a high top "she" said - "well go take that one over in the corner..."? - Outstanding hospitality skills....anyway - we brushed it off, sat down and ordered some drinks, the waitress was nice and accommodating. Food was just 'ok'- I had the fish and chips (which I have had here before) and the chips were soggy and unseasoned and the fish was cooked to proper level, but also no seasoning and the batter was kind of soggy too.... the other meal ordered was a salad and was decent - - apple dumpling was fine...the kicker was the menu pricing was not a great deal given the quality of the food on a Friday night......so, not sure I would recommend to my friends if they ask where to go grab some dinner - but, ok for drinks (also a wee bit more $$ given the venue)..http://www.ivorytontavern.com/

1  Thank xenonian
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ate there before the ivory town playhouse for the first time. The tavern burger is beyond enormous. I felt like I was on "man against food." Tasty bar food and a cool atmosphere for the casually inclined.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hamburgers here are plenty large for sharing and taste good too. Kind of funky place with a rectangular bar in the center of the one room, A good place for beer and a decent meal with fun atmosphere and it's across from the Ivoryton Theatre too, very convenient.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just a short distance from the steam train, this was a good find for burgers. The pea soup was fabulous and their "little burger" was anything but! Everything was homemade and the prices are fair.