“Very relaxing, friendly spa”
Review of Tor Spa Retreat

Tor Spa Retreat
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ickham
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I went with my mum as a belated mother's day gift. I was attracted by the auyvedic (sp?) nature of the spa so hoped it would be better than the hotel spas we'd previously been to.

The reception was very friendly and the tour explained everything that we needed to know. The pool was lovely and warm, really nice to float around in. And although the indoor areas did all look very comfortable and inviting, as it was such good weather we sat outside on the sun loungers. So tranquil, looking on to the pond with the koi swimming round.

We each had an hour long treatment, and when we spoke after both agreed they exceeded our expectations.

We only had a half day, so no lunch, but we did see it brought out and it looked and smelt very good!

We will certainly come back to Tor, and i would happily recommend.

All reviews
"ayurvedic treatments"
in 5 reviews
"daal"

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The husband booked me in for a full body massage as a birthday surprise and it was brilliant. Lovely firm massage, fabulous setting and yummy lunch. My friend and I sat outside on the lawn and it was just peace and quiet. Fab pool, sauna and steam room.

Would love to come back soon. Been a few times and always leave refreshed and at peace.

1  Thank drcrab12
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My two daughters and I recently celebrated two of our birthdays at Tor Spa Retreat. We each had two treatments and spent the whole day relaxing. The main lounge has sumptuous 'lose yourself' sofas which were lovely to relax in and there are many other areas where you can just while away time and have a read or a chat - very relaxing. My youngest daughter was a little disappointed with her treatments as we had booked her for the mum to be sessions but she felt that nothing was particularly geared towards her condition, but my eldest and i had no complaints at all.
Lunch was a dahl (if that's how it's spelt!) and there was plenty for everyone, with fresh fruit. the swimming pool was lovely. I had a treatment in the morning and the afternoon and wanted to stay longer, what a shame it was over.
In fact my sister and I are going to book up for a day in August.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my step mum yesterday for my birthday, it was the first time I had been to the spa, and after hearing mixed reviews was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed my day there. The food was delicious (a recipe I will be sharing with my family) I enjoyed that it wasn't overly busy - only six of us there. The therapist were good at what they did. The receptionist was very welcoming also. The only minor things I found I had a problem with was coming home smelling like curry after three showers and another minor fault the put me off was trying to relax and zone out when the therapists plastic apron was rustling, but I'm sure this could be sorted. Other than that I cannot fault the place. I came home feeling totally refreshed. Thank you