“Secret Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ickham
London, United Kingdom
“Secret Paradise”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my step mum yesterday for my birthday, it was the first time I had been to the spa, and after hearing mixed reviews was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed my day there. The food was delicious (a recipe I will be sharing with my family) I enjoyed that it wasn't overly busy - only six of us there. The therapist were good at what they did. The receptionist was very welcoming also. The only minor things I found I had a problem with was coming home smelling like curry after three showers and another minor fault the put me off was trying to relax and zone out when the therapists plastic apron was rustling, but I'm sure this could be sorted. Other than that I cannot fault the place. I came home feeling totally refreshed. Thank you

Larnaca
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“You have to 'get this' to enjoy it”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My dear friend and I have visited here twice now and stayed on a 2 night break on both occasions. If you are looking for a commercial glam and bling spa this is not for you. If however, you want to stop your world for a little while, to give yourself space to think then this is it. You will not find anything here which is trying to sell you a BOGOF or loyalty rewards etc. They dont even try to sell you the products they use. What you will find is peace, squashy sofas and great views, lovely gardens not all manicured within an inch of its life......and staff who respect your need for your space. You don't need a treatment to relax, just being there will start the process. The treatments by the way are great.....

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Lizoggs
Folkestone
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An oasis of calm”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My friend and I had our first experience at this Spa this week. It is beautifully set in the countryside yet close to Canterbury. You are warmly welcomed and shown around. There are different rooms to explore and relax in. The conservatory is lovely- comfortable and warm. We didn't have any treatments but stayed the whole day which included lunch. Lunch was vegetables, mild curry and fragrant rice. Delicious. The only minor thing was one of the male guests decided he wanted a 'take away' despite the rest of us sitting at the table. He piled his plate really high so that when my friend went to take another spoonful of rice (having been very modest initially) there was none left! This is not the fault if the Spa.......... It's just a shame other guests can't consider others. The warm pool was lovely as was the steam and sauna room.
I will be returning and hopefully trying some treatments. I consider myself very lucky to save found this place. Thoroughly recommend.

Visited March 2013
Broadstairs
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tor Spa”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Perfect place for a pampering day. I like the peaceful rural setting, the treatments, food and history of the place

Visited September 2012
Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“wedding”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We booked Tor Spa for our recent small wedding and we had a perfect day. This is largely because the staff at the the spa are so helpful and nothing I asked seemed to be too much trouble. I was able to relax knowing Liz and I had spoken about the way we wanted the day to go and she made it happen.
The grounds of the spa are very pretty. There is a nice pathway for the bride to make an entrance, before walking up the aisle to the decked area to say your vows in front of the pool house and your guests who are seated next to the lake. There are lots of good spots for photos. We had lots of remarks from friends and family on how lovely the venue is for a wedding and how comfortable they were there as opposed to some more traditional wedding venues.
During the run up to the wedding I visited a couple of times to use the facilities and found them to be very pleasant. The pool is deliciously warm and the atmosphere very relaxed. None of the stuffiness of some spas I have visited in the past. The spa was always immaculately clean, quiet and enjoyable and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

Visited August 2012