“Great Pub, Great Food”

The Kings Arms - Seaton Sluice
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the cliff tops of Seaton Sluice, The Kings Arms is in a fantastic location for anything from a coffee on a chilly day to a 3 course meal. We offer a warm friendly welcome and we take pride on the fact all our food is home cooked! We look forward to seeing you soon...
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have been a few times, and the food is always good, but today even better than usual. First class fish and chips. I chose the mid size, luckily, as that was huge. An excellent veggie lasagne. Good selection of beers and other drinks. Very friendly service, and comfortable surroundings. Fabulous views across the beach and over the harbour.
Well worth using as a base for a walk followed by a good lunch, or go for the live music

There are newer reviews for The Kings Arms - Seaton Sluice

Reviewed May 14, 2013

It’s a while since my husband and I ate at The Kings Arms and after our visit on Sunday it left us wondering why we had left it so long. The Kings is a fantastic little pub full of charm and character. We were warmly greeted as we arrived and then led to our table. The menu was neatly set out and easily understood. As a vegetarian I was relieved to see they still had a vegetarian option on the Sunday lunch menu. This option was nut roast served with fresh vegetables and vegetable gravy. Thank goodness the choice wasn’t pasta, my pet hate as a vegetarian option on a Sunday! Hubby chose the pork and we shared a rather nice bottle of wine.

Our meals arrived piping hot and we commented that the portion size was generous. I have to say my nut roast was the most delicious nut roast I have EVER tasted. Hubby said his pork was equally as delicious. The vegetables were cooked to perfection, not a hint of Aunt Bessie’s in sight!

We finished our main course and although I was almost full the blackboard displaying the choice of homemade desserts became too difficult to resist. I opted for the Baileys orange cheesecake. It arrived and it was almost certainly homemade, not one of those mediocre frozen desserts a lot of pubs seem to have on offer. It was divine.

We settled our bill and made our way to the door. The bar staff acknowledged our visit and we told them we would be back. The Kings Arms is one of the nicest pubs we have eaten in for a long time and I don’t expect it will be a long time before we return.

1  Thank Debra M
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had booked a table as this was a bank holiday weekend and thought the pub would be busy, it was! We sat outside until our table was ready and ordered the Sunday lunch for the five of us, four adults and one child. The food arrived and was piping hot and served with fresh seasonal vegetables. The child portion was almost as large as an adults and I had the lamb which was enjoyable but a expensive for what it was at £10. We all had room for puddings which were enjoyable but again expensive for what they were. This was our first visit to the King's Arms and we will visit again during the week to try out the week day menu but we will not go again on a Sunday, there are better places locally with the same good quality food but better value.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent lunch - traditional pub fare - unhurried and welcoming. The beer was very good and the pub is perfectly situated for a short walk around the harbour.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This pub has got it just right, traditional atmosphere, food and beer I felt British again 'love the north'.

1  Thank Mattyjude