“delicious food but still looking for an identity” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Hartford
“delicious food but still looking for an identity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

Went to The Russell last night before the show at the Bushnell. The place was not busy at all so we had our pick of the tables. The waitresses were lovely and welcoming but were getting used to the new menu and unfortunately some of the menu items were not yet available. The location and ambiance are great but the electronic bilboard was disracting during dinner. I quickly figured out that the staff and chef were Caribeean so I steered myself toward those selections on the menu. Tip #1, Wine is probably not the best drink with Jerk seasoning so stick with beer. I must say though, the Jerk wings were wonderful and my BBQ salmon with sweet potato and plantains was happiness on a plate. My husbands Curried chicken quesidilla was not as flavorful but still pretty good. I would go back with the understanding that this place is not fancy but nice casual and yummy. Definitely will go back for beer, wings and live music. Wish they were a little more fine dining though. I think the chef could make it work.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great atmosphere even better cocktails and the menu is”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

Great atmosphere even better cocktails and the menu is

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Salem, Massachusetts
“Don't miss this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

Outstanding. A touch of NYC.