“Don't buy a cake from them”

Mozzicato DePasquale Bakery and Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hartford
North Haven, Connecticut
“Don't buy a cake from them”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Horrible customer service. Ordered a cake for my mom for her birthday 1 week before her birthday at the wallingford location. Told me it would be ready for Christmas went to pick up my cake and they told me they canceled my order because they don't make canoli cake on site but never called me to tell me that it was canceled. I was left with no cake for my mom's birthday. They did nothing to make it right. The manager Actually said well what do you want we are new. I will never step foot in that place again or recommend them to anyone.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank natgbs

Hartford, Connecticut
“Chain Reaction”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I will never understand why a landmark establishment will jump on the chain train. Wait, yes I do. If one is good then more is better??? Mozzicato's should be content with enjoying a great run on Franklin Ave, in what little is left of the Italian section of Hartford. My father purchased pastries for Christmas eve this year at the new Wallingford bakery. He waited in line for about 2 hours and was so excited to bring us the cannoli's and coffee cakes. The coffee cakes were very dry and almost tasteless. The cannoli's were not what we remember enjoying at the Franklin Ave shop. At the end of the evening, while most of the other desserts were almost gone, the coffee cakes and cannoli's were still in great abundance. Sometimes one is a very good thing.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank ChillinChetty
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“Amozzimazing!!!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've been buying desserts here for years. I've been to countless other Italian bakeries and none can compare to this one. The desserts are to die for. Whether i'm buying something familiar and favorable or trying something completely new I am never disappointed. The cafe they have is also great with an excellent bar.. I recommend the cappuccino cake in the cafe. You'll be surprised how delicious it is.

• Visited November 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Italian Pastry shop in the heart of Hartford's old Little Italy”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

As a NJ native, I have high standards for Italian bakeries. My Hartford friends overwhelmingly recommended this place, and I paid my first visit there the other day. I ordered three canoli, a sliced loaf of their Italian bread, and a few cream puffs. First the good: The canoli and cream puffs were delicious. They tasted fresh and the canoli cream, in particular, was delicious! The bakery has a nice selection of pastures, and all looked fresh and delicious. Now the bad: the bread was nothing special at all. In fact, the loaf I was given was stale and appeared to be a few days old. Also, there was only one employee taking orders, and although it wasn't busy when I went there, I still had to wait. I would expect more employees ready to take customer orders - considering I went there around noon. Also, the area the bakery is located in isn't the best, so its best to go during the day and park in the bakery's parking lot, rather than on a nearby side-street. Would definitely recommend this to a friend looking for delicious Italian pastures in Hartford - but look elsewhere for good bread.

Visited November 2013
“Cannoli's”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm obsessed with pastries. Give me baked goods and I'm a happy lady. However I had never had a cannoli and knew that when I decided to get one it had to be authentic and have great reviews. After hearing nothing but rave reviews I decided to stop by and try a cannoli. They were delicious even though I have nothing to compare it to; the bar for future cannoli have been set pretty high. I also tried a slice of sausage, mushroom, and green pepper pizza served on their fresh Italian bread which was really good and light.

My only issue was the customer service. When I entered with my coworker neither of be young women working spoke to us, they just watched. I said good afternoon and one of them smiled. I felt like I had walked in on a conversation I wasn't supposed to hear, which was definitely uncomfortable.

Other than that I will return I try other desserts. As long as Im not blatantly disrespected (which I doubt would ever happen) I will continue to spend my money here.

• Visited September 2013