“Can't beat the Cannoli's”

Mozzicato DePasquale Bakery and Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Hartford
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Best Italian Pastry shop in town! We live in the suburbs, but head in to Hartford just to pick up some pastries. We stop into their coffee shop after local events

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We go to the Mozzicato's in Plainville which is a really great location. Their ricotta gelato is so good and the price is reasonable. We also enjoy getting their layered fruit cakes for birthdays, however we have had it a few times where it has been quite dry. They have a unbelievable selection of Italian pastry. Don't go to this place when you're trying to diet!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

It you were lucky enough to have a real immigrant Italian grandmother, or a best friend who had an old-time Italian grandma, you may have eaten this well in the US before. For the rest of us, though, we had to go to Mozzicato.

The window is awash is wedding cakes, one more decadent than the other, And the cakes are exceptional. I ordered a largish one, chocolate chocolate-mousse) thinking that it would feed thirty people. It did, but we still had half the cake! Four layers, rich in butter and real whipped cream. Yes, it cost $60, but it was worth far more. Heck, Costo cakes are half as much and can't even be mentioned in the same breath.

But it is far more than cake. Like cookies? Oh my, do they have cookies. And gelato and ices and sorbetto. Cannoli, too. You name an Italian sweet and they either have it there or will make it for you to order. This is not the most exciting Little Italy in the US, but the final outposts of classic Italian immigrant food still proudly stand and serve us all. It is a minute or two off the Brainerd Road exit on I-91, minutes from the center of Hartford. Well worth the detour. As good as you will find in Boston and NY, and almost up there with this place in Rome... well, it is the best this side of that.

Mangia.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

They have a pound-type cake that is frosted with whipped cream and has fruit in the center that I just can't stay away from. I practically bring it to every party I go to, just so I can share it with my friends. Their cannoli are not the frosting-filled-overly-sweet ones you get everywhere else. They are real, authentic cannoli with the slightly sweet and perfectly delectable cheese filling you come to expect when you have had the real thing. My mouth is watering just writing this review. I think I will go have one!

1  Thank California-Yankee
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We've gone to Mozzicato for years and my mother in law for years before that. The absolute BEST Italian ice in Hartford's Little Italy. People in the area choose between Modern Pastry and Mozzicato but hands down..this is the best Italian ice as well as great pastries, cannoli, Italian cookies and more.
For the first time we made a visit to the small cafe next door to the bakery....it is like sitting in Italy!
Cappuccinos,espresso, Pastries, Cakes, pizza, gelato and of course Italian Ices in a setting of small booths and tables for two. Serviced impeccably by a wonderful barista/ counter person who did it all this particular afternoon. Chocolate mouse cake was fresh and decadent accompanied by a deliciously hot cappuccino. A great find that I've obviously missed for years!!

1  Thank kktraveler