“Excellent Find, Gay hotspot”

Tisane Tea & Coffee
Ranked #1 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Hartford
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Astoria, New York
“Excellent Find, Gay hotspot”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I just enjoyed a delicious lunch at this little gem. I got the cheese steak sandwich (sub mozz instead of Swiss) with sweet potato fries. The ingredients were fresh and delicious. The flavors were spot on and the honey sriracha was the perfect dipping sauce as well. The selection of teas was amazing- I got the organic rooibos ginger lime. Service was great. This seems to be a popular gay hotspot in an area where there seems to be a limited selection of hangouts. I will definitely come back again!

Cromwell, Connecticut
“Rats on the patio”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I met a few friends for dinner and drinks a few weeks ago at Tisane. We have been going here for a few years and with the exception of a really rude female bartender one night it's always been a decent experience. However, this particular evening was the last straw for me. We sat on the patio for dinner and drinks when I noticed a couple of patrons staring and gesturing toward the garden area. I turned to see what all the fuss was and that's when I saw not one but three rats walking around like they owned the place. I brought it to the staffs attention and I sure hope that something has been done to correct the problem.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Renee V
Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
“best salads”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had a salad there and it seemed as though the salad are just wonderful, I loved the drinks there, they are just outstanding...

• Visited November 2011
New York City, New York
“Nasty, stuck-up staff”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nasty, stuck-up staff. Unless you're a buddy of one of the staff, you get waited on last. An employee actually cut in front of me in line with his friend. I complained and nothing was done. Food is tasteless and overpriced. Coffee is good, but the attitude and atmosphere ruin the place.

2 Thank tataanderson
Hartford, CT
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had dinner there last night and as always, food was excellent. We all ordered very different things -- pizza, noodles and steak. Superb. Professional French waiter (and yes he's really French)

• Visited September 2012