“Stayed here for business, will not let my company book me here again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Hartford

Radisson Hotel Hartford
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
“Stayed here for business, will not let my company book me here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

My company booked me here and promised me it was a new product and the place had been turned around. Not so. They did go through a renovation, but there there are still fundamental issues that the management needs to address. Security is the biggest. I was approached twice for money by homeless on the way to my car during the three days I was there. No sign of security anywhere. There was trash outside the entrance of the hotel and the public restrooms were gross. Inside the rooms were ok, but you can tell the quality of the towels was pretty crappy. In a couple of months it's going to look like the holiday inn again. The staff was ok, but didn't wow me like other places do. If your ok with cheap and little security this is your place. I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Taulktourstalk
Robert S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Hartford, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We are sorry the hotel was not up to your expectations. The hotel is about to go through a multi-million dollar renovation to address the issues you commented on. I will work closely with my team to ensure your issues are addressed completely. We hope that you will try us again on a future stay. You can call us anytime to get an update on the status of the hotel. .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
PITTSFORD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Book this hotel on Hotwire. Good deal, but I was not aware it would cost $17 to park in an empty parking lot. I grabbed a parking ticket and upon leaving the next day I swiped it and it would have only cost $12 to park had I paid at the gate rather than at the hotel. So I count that as a double rip off!

Only other grip is that the heating until cycles on and off every 15 minutes throughout the night and sounded like a jet engine. Bad night sleep.

But cozy bed, HBO, and nice shower.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IamDRN
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied. The parking garage that our guests park in is operated by another company. Consequently, we do not control their pricing. That being said, we compensate by keeping our room rates low for the area and when you look at the overall price that our guests pay, it should be a great value. I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again..

Travelers are raving about these Hartford hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was a little skeptical about staying at the Radisson because it was priced quite a bit lower than other hotels where I have stayed before.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It was just as nice as higher price hotels with all the features I need.  I liked the big TV and the many cable channels.  I enjoyed the lounge.  The bartender was great.  I will return on my next trip there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Carlos M
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson in Hartford. It was a very nice hotel. Service was good and friendly. Room was clean and tidy. The Rituals soaps and shampoos were wonderful. The Keurig coffee maker was a nice touch. I miss it when I travel. It was nice to have it there. I loved the breakfast buffet as well. It was a convenient location for downtown.

Room Tip: High floors have a great view of the city