“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Cambridge, Canada
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The staff at this hotel try to accommodate your every wish. They were terrific. Accommodations were fine and meals certainly adequate. Staff was quick to fix any problems. Parking is extra $ so watch that. All in all, great place to stay. Within walking distance of restaurants and stores.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodHartfordGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, city parking is additional in all the in-town hotels. Come and visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great hotel in the center of Hartford. We were pleased with quality of our 2 bedroom suit. Location is perfect with fantastic view of Capitol building. One block away from RR station and few blocks away from financial district with many good restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review. Yes, our location is close to the XL Center, Max's Downtown, the State Capitol and much more. Come back and visit us soon!
New Britain, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great Experience. My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night after the Justin Timberlake Concert at the XL Center. The staff was super friendly and helpful as soon as we walked in. Check-in & Check-out was fast and easy. We had a great room with a view of the city & it was very clean and smelled fresh. We were very pleased with the convenience of its location, as well as the amenities they offered. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your time to write a review. We share all comments with the staff and appreciate your input.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2013

clear room but sofa bed was borken and dirty. carpet had many burn mark around sofa area.. no rm chg due to sold out night.. offer air mattress for my two kids to sleep on but mattress air out through the night, my kids end up on the floor anyway!!! not comfortable at all!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank karen y
HomewoodHartfordGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. 100% new sleeper sofas are on their way for our 2014 renovation. We appreciate your input!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had a great stay at the hotel. Very clean and breakfast was great. We had no issues and the location was perfect. We definitley recommend this hotel to others and we will definitely use them again when we come to Hartford.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again!
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I typically stay at Residence Inns while I travel and this was my first experience with Homewood Suites. I am a regular traveler and like to have a kitchen. I have stayed at many hotels of this genre and this one was by far the worst.

It seemed like an old Holiday Inn with old wallpaper and carpet and linens. The kitchen was so poorly stocked that I could not do any cooking. 1 old frying pan in such horrible shape that I could not bring myself to use it. When I called down and asked for a couple of pots, they brought me one small pot (no lid) that was also in such horrible condition that I could not use it. The silverware was dirty from being "washed" in the dishwasher with food on it and it became encrusted on. So if you are coming here for the kitchen forget it.

Additionally, the rooms were terribly awkward. Our 2 bedroom unit (we had booked a 1 bedroom, but put in a 2 bedroom because they were sold out) had a small living room and 1 larger bedroom and 1 awkward smaller bedroom with the queen bed pushed up against the wall.

The larger room was situated above the main street and was VERY loud. The smaller bedroom in back was quieter, but still loud. We had requested a quiet room and this was one of the loudest rooms I had been in in a long time.

Lastly, they tried to charge us for the 2 bedroom unit after putting us in there even though we had booked a 1 bedroom because that was all they had left on a sold out weekend. They ended up charging us the original rate (we had proof), but it was ridiculous that we had to spend the time dealing with that after it was their mistake.

My recommendation: find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LHSCRUZ
Thank you for your review. We have shared your entire comment box with the staff in each department individually and the comments are taken seriously. The move to the two bedroom suite clearly overrode your original reservation pricing. Should not have happened - apologies. Please contact me directly if you are back in the area - my email is jeff.bierly@hilton.com.
Thank you again.

Travelers are raving about these Hartford hotels

Churchton, Maryland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It started out so promisingly. I had made a reservation and warned them I would be a late arrival. As I walked into the lobby at about 1 am, the man on duty said, "You must be Jane!" Big smile. SO helpful. really welcoming. I took the key and went upstairs to my room -- which I noticed was already propped open with the metal lock that goes over the latch, but which one can use to keep a door open for a quick run to the ice machine. Against my better judgment, I pushed it open and say cups and take out food on the table across from. I quietly shut the door and went back down for a new room. The lovely man was appalled and they made note of the flaw in the system. They bumped me up to a bigger room, and I said "I'll only be in it a few hours. All I really need is a tub and a bed." Next room: lovely. Two beds. Two showers, No tubs. I call down and now they bring me a key. Still, I'm hanging in there, impressed by how courteous and helpful they are being. I get to the new room and bingo! There's a tub! Yay.

i go to sleep, despite the fact that heat system smells like I might be burring down the hotel. I figure a smoke detector will tell me if that's true. I wake up, go into to the bathroom and immediately notice a huge clump of hair in the drain. No way this tun was cleaned out before I got there. I took a picture (which is on my iPhone) of the clump and left a note for housekeeping. For the first time i maybe thirty years of travel, I left no tip. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Except that then the cab I'd arranged to meet me never arrived. We placed a new call and then it showed up and I was minutes from being late to a live TV interview.

All THAT for the bargain price of $291.67! Seriously! I should have read before I booked. My bad. The man who greeted me was the best thing about the place. But for this price? And this level of care in the res system and housekeeping? Wow. That'll be the last Homewood I stay in.

Room Tip: To find a good room? Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank janebeard
Ms. Beard, thank you for your comprehensive review. My apologies. Your input has been shared, line by line, with all departments. All comments, when chanllenging to us in some cases, are perfect as refresher training tools for all staff and we take them serious. We also followed up on your arrival time/date and scheduled staff member and shared your positive comment about him. Always appreciated. Thank you!