“On the inside...it's perfect!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

So, we had never been to Hartford before! Very different from back home. Felt very comfortable during the day, but the nightlife after 9 pm is wild compared to where we live! So we went back to hotel. The hotel was very nice! It was VERY clean. Loved having the kitchenette. So spacious. We had a room to chill and a room to sleep. We had a couple friends (from another floor) come and visit. Perfect spot to chill, talk, and play games. And the bed was amazing. Usually hotel room beds suck! This bed was amazing!!!!!!!! So comfortable! And plenty of pillows. Ahh! Living the dream. Movies on demand. And then...as I turn off the television and the air turns off....UGH! The outside life caught up to us. The neighboring bar decided to jam! Club music until 2:30 am! I felt like the patrons were in the room with me! Ugh....Yes. It was Saturday night, but I am not 21 anymore! I wanted my sleep. When the air was blowing and tv were going it actually muffled some of the outdoor noises, but without..... ;(! Hopefully, this is just a Saturday night issue!? Because, otherwise, this place was perfect. The workers were SO helpful. They were amazing. The place was clean. We felt safe. Our only complaint was the noise....outdoors! A special thank you to the worker who found and kept our missing item safe until we could make it back! The people will never understand how thankful we are for their efforts! THANK YOU!!

*The actual location in Hartford was great! Easy to find, easy to access, felt safe, etc... Gave the low score because of the surrounding clubs! Bring ear plugs and you'll be fine! ;)

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently stayed with a large group of people who were in town to volunteer for a high-profile memorial. I cannot express enough how this hotel went above and beyond to accommodate our needs for space and confidentiality. They made it clear to us what their communication was with their staff, ensuring that they maintained our need for privacy. Check-In was a breeze, I was worried there would be an awkward exchange concerning our reason for staying; the lady behind the counter was a warm "just the facts ma'am, just the facts," kind of woman--it was comforting.
The place was super clean, our rooms were the perfect size for getting together for last-minute preparations. People couldn't get over how big their rooms were! It was hard to choose from all the restaurants and pubs around the block, but we were really happy with 1 of the two restaurants right next door--besides being close, the food was GREAT, and it had a classy jazz/blues atmosphere. It was a little loud around bar closing time, but that's to be expected in any district with a lot of entertainment options. My nerves had me up late, and I only heard sirens once, which I think is a great reflection of how much Hartford Downtown has cleaned up in the last few years. We had early check-outs for our event, the Express Check-Out Card Drop rocked my dawn! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here for business, for 2 nights. This location is about what I've experienced at other Homewood Suites locations, which is a good thing, even though I don't typically use the kitchen it is a nice to have. Staff was very friendly, room was clean. Nothing too fancy, and it was close by to my customers and my corporate offices but other than that not a whole bunch to do in the immediate area.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Let me say it again...Super Clean and Great Location - the free evening meal was awesome. The people were ultra nice and love the free wine and beer!
The rooms are three times the normal size of rooms, plenty of room for us to spread out for our events and not trip over each other. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I love the Hilton Brand. This hotel needs re-evaluated. I had good experiences and bad. Check in and departure were great, the staff at this time were very helpful. The experiences during my week long stay not as good. The Large Club next door did jolt me out of bed at 130am in the morning on a Wednesday night. Unfortunately, I did have business to attend to the next morning. Friday and Saturday were much of the same. The full kitchen experience is misleading. The appliances need repair, and the kitchen accessories restocked. The housekeeping staff are wonderful and helpful. The Shuttle Driver exceptional. He took members of our staff to the grocery store and was very helpful. The location is great but the Holiday Inn a block away could be far enough away from the club to have noise issues. The front desk staff at night were preoccupied with personal phone calls. So it was a hot and cold kind of stay. When the staff were helpful, they were great. I would consider all my options before staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the club side of the hotel as possible. Do not face the parking lot across th...
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My first stay at this Homewood Suites was an exceptional experience. The hotel location really rocks and I loved walking to the Capitol building and back. The entire staff was helpful and gave me the feeling that they truly cared that I enjoy my stay with them. If you stay here you must enjoy the free evening meal. The food was great but it was the staff that made the experience worth it. They were having fun and their energy was infectious. What more could a person ask for? There was even free beer! Heaven!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have now stayed at the Homewood Suites twice, and have had a great experience both times. The hotel is clean and safe, and the staff friendly and helpful. Patrick, at the front desk made check in super fast and made me feel very welcome. I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hilton Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!