“Great stay!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have now stayed at the Homewood Suites twice, and have had a great experience both times. The hotel is clean and safe, and the staff friendly and helpful. Patrick, at the front desk made check in super fast and made me feel very welcome. I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 10, 2013

In town for a meeting at another hotel, but stayed here as two other business colleagues were staying there too. Had to stay 6 nights. Price goes down the longer you stay I realized and was a nice surprise on the initial search of one night only. Van drivers got us to the company's meeting - saved me from driving half a mile and finding parking again. Went down Route 9 on my time off (one day at end of stay) and drove around historic Opera House on the River and went to Old Saybrook (about 25 mins away).
The Homewood Suites was a different lay out than ones I tend to stay out - a tall historic sort of brownstone. The 5 PM people in the cocktail hour (which is free by the way), pointed out some history memorabilia dating back to the 1920's - very cool. Anywhere that has history in the same place, as long as it is as clean as this hotel is, is nice! I have to be back in Hartford and then Boston 5 times in 2013 - for Hartford will ho to the Homewood. Love the free cocktail hour : ) - makes for not going out in the cold and relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I would like to thank the staff for helping us prepare for our Daughter's wedding in the Bond Ballroom, the top two floors of the Homewood Suites Hartford Downtown. The staff was very professional and very courteous and caring. They served as an extension of our family to all our guests

Room Tip: Suites are the way to travel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodHartfordGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

We are delighted to have been the host-location for your event. Congratulations to your whole family!
Jeffrey Bierly

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel was ideal for the downtown meetings we had and near a bunch of fun restaurants and bars. Made for a good multi-day business trip. Free meal Mon-Thurs (we had it only two nights as we were going out) but they seem to have fun on the job - they were laughing and smiling a lot. Good bunch of people!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back at another time you are in Hartford and do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Jeffrey Bierly

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our kitchen is being remodeled and family was just in from British Columbia. We needed a place to stay with them on and off for a week as they were in for a pre-Thanksgiving visit. We had not thought of the Hartford Downtown area until we drove through during the Hartford Marathon recently to cheer on the runners. The location of this hotel is right on the historic Bushnell Park area near the State buildings. The fall views around the hotel are really beautiful. The suites are spacious (we had a one bedroom for them) and we were able to stay over with them a couple of nights on the pull out. We watched movies on nice flat screen TV's, played cards, looked over photo albums and took some nice walks around Bushnell Park. We visited a numbe of restaurants, all within walking distance. I really recomend Black Eyed Sally's right next door, Agave and Salute. I also HIGHLY recomend going to the Wadsworth Atheneum museum - they have an amazing art collection and a really nice gift shop with quality items where the family did a good bit of their Christmas shopping to have unique items to take home. We also visited the Mark Twain house that is only minutes away and more Chirstmas gifts were purchased. The Homewood suites has a lot of interesting things about it. We discovered that it was once a historic hotel called The Bond and was the center of activitiy back in the Great Gatsby days of the 20's. This explains the interesting lay out of the hotel (the elevator is at the back which we originally thought was odd) - but in the olden days the decor probably did not want to include an elevator at the front. We would have liked to see the view from the function space at the top of the building, but that is apprently not currently under the hotel management. Breafasts were good. Very nice staff in the food area. Monday through Thursday they have a dinner (one or two hot items - self serve) that is free and includes beer and three kinds of wine. Only con was that there was no pool but this was not a deal-breaker - although would have been nice for fun. We also liked the parking right next to the hotel instead in a parking garage near as happens with a lot of city hotels. I will definitely recomend the hotel to other people who need to have family and friends stay over.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank awesomeworld100
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed there on business for three nights during the first week of November. This was the second time I had stayed at this hotel. The rooms are very clean. COmpared to other Homewood Suites I have stayed in, the breakfasts and the evening food was very tasty. The hotel is within walking distance of sveral good restaurants and a short drive to Malls and other shops. The only issue I had was that when I made my reservations on-line several weeks prior to my trip, i specifically asked for a room that was not on the side by the bar next door. When I checked in i was told I was in the front of the hotel, but my room was actually on the side by the bar. When I asked to move they said the hotell was booked. Based on the number of cars in the parking lot that night I new that was not true. One member of my party asked to move later that evening and they accommodated her right away. Lucky for me there was no party on the outside patio of the bar. Other than that this is a really good place to stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify you do NOT want a room across the alley from the bar.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nothing especially wrong with this hotel, but it's a bit odd and dated feeling.
PROS
- Our room was somehow a two bedroom suite. A good size and well appointed kitchen.
- Location: located downtown a block from the train and other venues.
- Clean and quiet (we had no bar issues) and generally a fine place to sleep.

CONS
- Kind of a strangely laid out hotel. Elevators are on the other side of the building from the front desk.
- Clean, but a bit dated. Carpets in some of the common areas are ragged looking.
- The room was clean, but also a bit dated looking.
- The area near the dining room is near the loading dock and kitchen area and is a bit stinky.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hilton Hartford
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!