Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$272
Hotels.com
$89
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites(Hartford)(Great Value!)
$113
Agoda.com
$97
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsevening receptionstate capitolfull kitchenhartford downtownbreakfast and dinnercomplimentary breakfastbushnell parkroom was spacioushome away from homebusiness tripgreat roomfront desk staffnice stayxl centerconvenient locationshuttle serviceconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2012

HomeWood Suites is a great property. The brand really makes sure you get your moneys worth, complimentary dinner breakfast and wine/beer. This property, although a bit dated, hasas a great outside look, a nice lobby, good food. And a nice front desk staff. There was one girl who had a snooty attitude the whole time, a younger girl but there was a woman there who was so kind that my entire family joined Hilton Honors after she checked us in. I wish I remembered her name but I stayed back in March and cant remember.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Rooms are dark and dreary. Bathrooms are very small. Brick wall out all the windows in this all-'suite' hotel. Had much inconvenience with the toilet problems. Staff was in room inconveniencing me and my travel partner for a long period of time. No apologies on that inconvenience. Whatever.. Parking is 16-20 dollars a night so if you think youre getting a decent price remember to factor that in. No protection to vehicles either, and in somewhat rough neighborhood. I also had an inexpensive trinket taken from room, not worthy of a police report but was definitely sitting on the table before we left room and gone upon return. Would have liked at least to have the parking charge removed for the Plumbing Issues.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night and there were people partying and drinking in the hallways all night long. Someone pulled the fire alarm at 3am and they evacuated the building. I am a non smoker and I was charged $266 for smoking and I don't even smoke!!!! Although the room was nice I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you wanted to stay in the middle of a frat party and be extorted for money for smoking when you are a non smoker. Very shady place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Home wood Suites is under the Hilton co. and i have to say I think Hilton is the way to go and not because of Paris. Just in general their rooms on average are larger per square foot than other rooms, but of course this is a suite. (at least in NYC) I decided to book this hotel because my girlfriend and I had been away from other for a while and we needed a weekend to spend together. Upon arriving to the hotel the staff was very helpful telling me how to get to my room/suite. I was pleasantly surprised upon walking into the room, it was huge, the living room and kitchen area were spacious and comfortable. Then of course my girl friend was waiting for me into the bedroom, let's not get into the x rated stuff lol. But the bed was extremely comfortable and of course the bathroom was a few steps away, the bathroom overall was big enough and the shower was adequately sized. I was surprised that i had a television set in the bedroom and in the living room which was great and the couch was so comfortable. The only problem i had with my room was its in downtown Hartford and the bar next door happened to be bumping music, but I'm not sure it was coming from Pigs Eye bar. I feel like the music was way to loud so it might have been coming from the XL Center b/c there was a concert taking place. Conveniently located by many of the bars and restaurants and a wine/spirit store so you can walk to all the destinations you need to, $16 dollar parking super annoying but i mean hey you have to deal with it. Best part of the hotel besides the great service upon check-in and check out, was free morning breakfast, so so so so good!!

p.s.- the only downfall is the deposit fee that Hilton charges which you will get back but it's pretty annoying to have to pay it at all.

Room Tip: Request a room that is on the other side away from the bars. Also look up the XL Center schedule and do not book a stay when they have concerts. Trust me you will hear the music and the after parties at the bars do not help !!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2012

First time at the hotel. Choose it due to its location as I was attending a concert. What a great spot. I was concerned it would be noisy but it wasnt at all. We stayed on the fifth floor and it was clean. Great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012