“Who would have thought-----?”
Review of Woodys - CLOSED

Woodys
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Who would have thought possible the elevation of the quintessentially American hot dog had reached the level of an art form. Well in Downtown Hartford such is, indeed, the case. Nowhere, and I repeat nowhere, will anyone find hot dogs of such quality and variety as are available at Woody's. Other reviewers have offered suggestions as to what choices are possible---what toppings exist---what combination of gastronomic titillations await the adventurous, so I'll simply advise a person looking for a gastronomic thrill to visit Woody's when in Hartford. Go there and see for yourself. You'll not find the tired old "ball park" hastily prepared dog at this place. Rather,.you'll eat something special.

Date of visit: December 2016
themanaroundtown, Owner at Woodys, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

thank you very much for that OUTSTANDING review we have been trying to improve on our hotdogs for 40 years now. we try to come up with a different type of dog every once in a while.

Reviewed December 4, 2016

Woody's offers a wide variety of combinations and toppings on foot long all beef hot dogs on toasted buns. I had the one with the pulled pork on top and it was delicious. The french fries were thin but good and they do offer Hamburgers

Date of visit: December 2016

thank you very much. For those of you who think we only take cash we now except visa and master card

Reviewed September 28, 2016

Excellent selection of hot dogs. They have virtually anything you can think of. Was a little concerned to be charged $3 for a Snapple and $5 for a basket of fries. 2 hot dogs, 1 basket of fries and a drink... the bill came out to be $20. These were delicious hot dogs and I will probably be back...but the place only takes cash and with the way prices were...it won't be an often trip.

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank brando16a

Are you sure about that $20.00 order that seems even high to me! 2 hotdogs and a fry should only have come to $12.25, a little exaggeration there wasn't it .thank you for that great review .

Reviewed April 25, 2016

This place has so many different ways to make a hot dog, and they all have really cool names like the Deputy Dawg (bbq and onion), or the Dog Father (marinara, peppers and onions). Cool Miami Dolphins theme, this place is cool.

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank Renee S

thank you. Our new thing now is if you come up with a cool topping for the dog we will name it after you.

Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

Although I was born in Connecticut and raised in Massachusetts, it wasn't until I left New England when I saw an episode of Man vs. Food that I was introduced to Woodys.

Took my fiance there while we were in town for the Holidays and it was as authentic and eclectic as I imagined. The local greats mounted on the walls everywhere. I had the Dogfather, fresh mozzarella cheese and marinara on a beef dog. He had the Deputy Dog with pulled pork and Carolina barbecue sauce, it was "doggone" good. We split shoestring basket of fries and fountain drinks.

Nothing fancy, but why should a hot dog shop be anyhow? It's simple but they know their way around a dog. We were full for hours!

Date of visit: December 2015