Tripadvisor

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 9, 2014

Woody's is known for their hot dogs, and on this basis alone is worth the trip; Foot-long dogs are made to order with any number of toppings. The reuben dog and underdog were especially good. This is a no-frills, cash-only joint with lots of history and an oddly placed, if sincere, miami dolphins-themed bar adjoining. It's hard to recommend for anything but the dogs, so I'll leave it there and suggest everyone should visit at least once while in downtown Hartford.

Date of visit: July 2014

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I visited Woody's because of recommendations from friends in Connecticut. They knew I loved pulled pork and informed me that I had to have a Deputy Dawg. Pulled pork, footlong dog, bbq sauce, and cheese..he'll yeah! Woody's was worth the stop.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had the fish and chips which was nothing special. I guess it would have been better if I had gotten a hot dog which I hear they are good at. It definitely wasn't the fish and chips.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I popped into Woody's whilst staying in Hartford on business for a couple of days and can't be happier that I did. I had The Underdog (hot dog with bacon and cheese sauce) and it was hands down the best hot dog I've had in my life. The hot dog itself was really tasty, meaty and not too greasy at all.

I found the guys at Woody's friendly and accomodating.

As a word of caution - the website for Woody's seems a little out of date, as it states earlier closing hours and to ring ahead (I just got a voicemail full message). Honestly, if you're in Hartford, try Woody's.

You'll see the big 915 (I nearly missed it on first pass) on main street, get in there for delicious food!

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

It takes a little looking to find this place but worth it. Deputy dog was so good and the staff is super friendly. Will definitely visit more frequently!

Date of visit: April 2014