Tripadvisor
Hartford
Post
Inbox
Search

“Beautiful food in a great atmosphere”
Review of Woodys - CLOSED

Woodys
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I popped into Woody's whilst staying in Hartford on business for a couple of days and can't be happier that I did. I had The Underdog (hot dog with bacon and cheese sauce) and it was hands down the best hot dog I've had in my life. The hot dog itself was really tasty, meaty and not too greasy at all.

I found the guys at Woody's friendly and accomodating.

As a word of caution - the website for Woody's seems a little out of date, as it states earlier closing hours and to ring ahead (I just got a voicemail full message). Honestly, if you're in Hartford, try Woody's.

You'll see the big 915 (I nearly missed it on first pass) on main street, get in there for delicious food!

Date of visit: May 2014

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

It takes a little looking to find this place but worth it. Deputy dog was so good and the staff is super friendly. Will definitely visit more frequently!

Date of visit: April 2014
1  Thank kaboom23
Reviewed February 14, 2014

You can't go wrong with Woody's when you want to grab a quick bite while in Downtown Hartford. Every time i am in town Wood's is a must stop for me. I always have the Chicago dog and it never dissapoints.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Ate here twice over two days in Hartford for an event at the convention center. First night had a regular dog with mustard and kraut and it was delicious. Got more adventurous the next day for lunch and had the dog that is topped with pulled pork, cheddar and bbq sauce. It was awesome!
Service was very friendly and quick. Next time I am in Hartford, I will be looking forward to stopping over again.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Been to Woody's a number of times now. Was first turned onto it by the show "Man vs. Food." Most famous for their clever twists on the classic hot dog. The most popular choice is the Deputy Dog.

This is a hot dog, topped with pulled pork, cheddar cheese, and bbq sauce...it is excellent! I have also tried The Dogfather, which is a hot dog topped with mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and peppers...I eight-six the peppers though. The menu does have some of your basic grilled fare as well.

The other half of the joint is The Fish Bowl. This is a sports bar where most of the seating for Woody's is located; it is attached. The place is COVERED in Dolphins fandom and memorabilia.

I've been there for football Sunday's twice now, both purely by chance, and both times were during Miami Dolphins games....the place is a zoo! Not a Dolphins fan at all, but if you are, I suggest you head down there for a game. I had no idea there were so many Dolphin fans in New England, but the energy in the place is pretty cool to see!

*The Sunday hours (during football season) in fact are roughly the time of the Dolphins game

Date of visit: September 2013