“Great Food and service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 14, 2014

You can't go wrong with Woody's when you want to grab a quick bite while in Downtown Hartford. Every time i am in town Wood's is a must stop for me. I always have the Chicago dog and it never dissapoints.

Date of visit: January 2014

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Ate here twice over two days in Hartford for an event at the convention center. First night had a regular dog with mustard and kraut and it was delicious. Got more adventurous the next day for lunch and had the dog that is topped with pulled pork, cheddar and bbq sauce. It was awesome!
Service was very friendly and quick. Next time I am in Hartford, I will be looking forward to stopping over again.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Been to Woody's a number of times now. Was first turned onto it by the show "Man vs. Food." Most famous for their clever twists on the classic hot dog. The most popular choice is the Deputy Dog.

This is a hot dog, topped with pulled pork, cheddar cheese, and bbq sauce...it is excellent! I have also tried The Dogfather, which is a hot dog topped with mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and peppers...I eight-six the peppers though. The menu does have some of your basic grilled fare as well.

The other half of the joint is The Fish Bowl. This is a sports bar where most of the seating for Woody's is located; it is attached. The place is COVERED in Dolphins fandom and memorabilia.

I've been there for football Sunday's twice now, both purely by chance, and both times were during Miami Dolphins games....the place is a zoo! Not a Dolphins fan at all, but if you are, I suggest you head down there for a game. I had no idea there were so many Dolphin fans in New England, but the energy in the place is pretty cool to see!

*The Sunday hours (during football season) in fact are roughly the time of the Dolphins game

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I go here for work once a month and the hot dogs are great. They are not too greasy and have a very meaty flavor. I usually get them with their pulled pork which is slightly fatty, but verry good. I have seen people get the grilled cheese and hamburgers, and they look really good as well (on nice thick toast). I will by trying those next! Don't expect anything fancy from this place, just a greasy spoon type of hot dog joint.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I were out antiquing for the day and I wanted to try out Woody's based on Adam Richman's (Man v. Food) visit to this restaurant. My wife wasn't too keen on eating here but I love hot dogs so we tried it out. I ordered the Philly Hot Dog with chili and my wife ordered the hot sausage. Both were foot longs. We ordered French Fries and Onion Rings.They were excellent eating. The only negative I can add is that my wife ordered tea and the owner only gave her a small glass which required constant refilling. We sat in the bar area and saw larger glasses and didn't understand why a larger glass wasn't provided. Also, the restaurant doesn't have fountain drinks; only canned soda. It is a little hard to find the place because the front door is not located on the street but inside of an office building. Otherwise it is worth hunting and trying out if you love hot dogs.

Date of visit: May 2013