“Great Hotdogs !”

Woody's
Ranked #51 of 432 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Hotdogs !”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I were out antiquing for the day and I wanted to try out Woody's based on Adam Richman's (Man v. Food) visit to this restaurant. My wife wasn't too keen on eating here but I love hot dogs so we tried it out. I ordered the Philly Hot Dog with chili and my wife ordered the hot sausage. Both were foot longs. We ordered French Fries and Onion Rings.They were excellent eating. The only negative I can add is that my wife ordered tea and the owner only gave her a small glass which required constant refilling. We sat in the bar area and saw larger glasses and didn't understand why a larger glass wasn't provided. Also, the restaurant doesn't have fountain drinks; only canned soda. It is a little hard to find the place because the front door is not located on the street but inside of an office building. Otherwise it is worth hunting and trying out if you love hot dogs.

• Visited May 2013

New Haven, Connecticut
“If you love hot dogs you must put this on the bucket list.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

If you love hot dogs you must put this on the bucket list... Just the kind of place I love, a little off the beaten path and a bit of a hole in the wall . Nothing fancy just good food and good price.
I had the Chicago dog and really enjoyed it.... I don't know the hot dogs they use but the flavor is nice , mild... I will go back again ....

• Visited May 2013
“Awesome local joint”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Was looking for a quick bite to eat before a show. An awesome hot dog place with so many interesting varities. I chose the mac n cheese with bacon hot dog. Food was great, service was great considering they were short handed and only had 2 staff on. Would definitley go back.

Visited February 2013
CT
“Classic Hartford Hotdog Joint”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Over the past weekend, I had the pleasure of eating at Woody's Hotdog Restaurant. Woody's isn't simply your ordinary hotdog stand. It's actually quite the establishment, serving high quality hotdogs and burgers in a quaint, charming atmosphere. It is a remnant of a bygone era in an ever changing city. Be sure to check out the back room, which is stocked full of quirky Dolphin's paraphernalia. When in Hartford, be sure to stop at Woody's.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CTCharlie
Hartford, Connecticut
“Random Hotdogs, nothing special.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotdogs are just so-so, nothing different about them. The owner is rude, miserable, very unpleasant. Will not be eating here ever again. .

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank lginotti

Been to Woody's? Share your experiences!