Tripadvisor

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you like hot dogs (and who doesn't), you MUST try lunch at Woody's. They offer a variety of differnt dogs from plain old hot dogs, to Kielbasa dogs to crazy delicious gourmet hot dogs. The rolls are lightly buttered and toasted if you want them to be, and the fries are hot and crisp. The folks that own the place are just wonderful and the service is always fast and friendly.

Date of visit: August 2012

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hot dogs were excellent. They have MOXIE! Awesome!

Service was VERY, VERY SLOW!!!! I was only person ordering at 2:30. How long does it take to put condiments on a foot long?

Date of visit: August 2012
1  Thank DonMacL
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been here several times with my wife and her family and sometimes before the Hartford Whale games. This place is reasonably prices and although I dont eat hotdogs the other choices on the menu are awesome. My wife thinks they have the best hotdogs around. The owner are his wife are normally there and they are super nice people. Oh and I think he likes the Miami Dolphins, haha.

Date of visit: December 2011
2  Thank A6152PNjasons
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I don't venture into Hartford very often. Sure, it's the closest city to my house, but I had my '86 Chevy Celebrity stolen when I was in the capital city in 2001, and I still hold a grudge. I will risk my new set of wheels, however, to venture in for a Woody's hot dog. They have it all - a board of excellent specials, greasy dogs, liquid cheese, and cold drinks. I'm a hot dog maniac, and Woody's is definitely in my top 5 - the Deputy Dog is mind-blowingly awesome (pulled pork and cheese, baby) and the Underdog pairs some of my favorite things - a dog, liquid cheese, and bacon. If you live around these parts and have not been to Woody's, you're either a vegan (bleh!) or just haven't read an awesome enough review like this one to lure you in.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

A very cold beer and an extraordinary hotdog. Great little place.

Date of visit: November 2011