“Quick Lunch”
Review of Trumbull Kitchen

Trumbull Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Trumbull Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 446 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pearl Street
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Did not get an excellent review only because I was in and out so quickly. In Hartford for an afternoon meeting but running late due to traffic. Told server I needed to be out in 25 minutes, he told me no problem. Ordered the Black Jack Burger. Was done just as I ordered, and nice and messy. Good service, cool atmosphere, done in 25 minutes. I'll be back !

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Showed up early for dinner so we could get to the nearby hockey arena on time.... only 2 blocks away. Very modern and comfortable atmosphere, including a nice bar and bartender up front. Good selection of top shelf single malts.

Family dinner for a birthday. Wide array of drinks chosen, but a few of the group chose Moscow Mules, including my wife (the birthday girl). Came in a shiny copper plated cup and it was a big hit.

Appetizers such as crab cakes, squash soup, California Crunch roll.... all nicely presented and tasty, but not so filling that you had no room left for dinner. Dinner portions were the right size.... just enough. Lamb Sirloin, BBQ pork sandwich, and hanger steak were all enjoyable.

Service was very friendly and helpful... no problems there at all.

Can't really comment on dessert but the decaf cappuccino was just fine. Prices seemed reasonable. I would go back, even if I was paying the bill next time.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The meal exceeded my expectations. One of the reaons we dined here was because it was highly rated in Trip Advisor. It did not dissapoint. Melissa, our server, was outstanding and memorable. A true Foodie - she steered us in the right direction and described the dishes with great knowledge and passion.
The "taste of Hartford" is going on, and she worked with the Chef to allow me to order the special beet salad... it was delicious. We enjoyed our appetizer, the rock shrimp and sweet potato fritters. My "zippy" Seafood Pad Thai was very flavorful and fresh. Delicious. The Skirt Steak as also delicious. We finished the meal with some yummy, fresh blueberry sorbet served with an amazing cookie.

The Justin Cabinet was excellent as expected. My Sazarac was perfect and delicious.
We would definitely recommend Trumbull Kitchen and especially our foodie server Melissa. A great memorable exprience.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very nice. We sat at the bar on a Saturday afternoon. It was between lunch and dinner - not many people dining. The menu seemed limited and not very intriguing - nothing really popped out. I had the Caesar salad which was good and Panko shrimp roll it was very good. I ordered the shrimp and scallop pad Thai which was very disappointing - scallops and shrimp were cut in half the long way I think to give the appearance of having alot in the bowl - but there wasn't even very many in the serving - and what there was - was over cooked ! The sauce in the pad Thai was extremely sweet not tasty- wish we went to a different restaurant .

Brian H, General Manager at Trumbull Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Chrisdownie,

Thank you for visiting Trumbull Kitchen and taking time to provide valuable feedback regarding your experience. Please accept my apology for the quality of your Pad Thai. As in any Max Restaurant, we are committed to your satisfaction and will do whatever it takes to correct any quality or service related issue. So, I am also disappointed not have corrected this while you were dining with us.

Hopefully, you will return so that we may have a second chance to make a better impression with you.

With warm regards,

Brian

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We visited TK last year. The service was great, the food was AMAZING, and you can even see through a large glass window where the chefs work. Our server was nice and speedy with our orders. The pizza at TK is delicious. We will most certainly return. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank TripFriendly191