“Reliably good.”
Review of Trumbull Kitchen

Trumbull Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Trumbull Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 444 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pearl Street
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Trumbull Kitchen has been around for years. This staying power is due to good food and good service. The lettuce wrap appetizers and the calamari were great. Fondue-average. My duck entree was a B plus. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and the wine list.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was in the area and decided to stop in on a Saturday for lunch with a friend. The food was pretty good and service was okay but "okay" was really as good as I could rate it. I ordered sushi as others recommended and one of my rolls was pretty good but the other was really bad. My friend had a pasta dish and also felt it was okay but not quite worth the price.

I had the cookie and ice-cream sandwich and it was also just ok. The ice-cream had a large amount of actual ice and the cookies had good flavor but I'm assuming were made several days earlier and hard as rocks (and not warm, which could have been fine if they were good). I couldn't remember what my friend had and when I asked, neither could she.

The atmosphere was good and the service was friendly but extremely slow. What should have been a 30-45 minute lunch turned into 2 hours due to waiting. If it hadn't been so hot the day we were there we would have enjoyed the patio seating, which would have made the wait between each visit by the server a little less frustrating.

I would encourage you try it for yourself, since it could have just been an off day when we were there, but there are so many other places I haven't tried I doubt I'll make a special trip to eat here again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Service = Great
Ambiance = Great
Value = Great
Food Quality = Great
Price = Great

I really can't wait to come back to Harford for business in three weeks just to eat here again. I will absolutely order the Rock Shrimp and Sweet Potato Fritters. Really? Just wonderful and so yummy.

Nice eclectic menu - from Sushi to lettuce wraps to short ribs for apps. Dinner selection really nice and varied. Pistachio Crusted Flounder - pan fried? Wow. Wonderful. And only 18 bucks I believe.

Martini's to die for and the service to match.

Great restaurant with great atmosphere and great food - at a great price. Not sure what more you could ask for.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Martini 425
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate there during Connecticut restaurant week and it was great!
We had 3 course meals that were representative of their menu. Our party of 4 was very happy!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I'm not sure why it's racked so high on this list of restaurants in Hartford, but it should absolutely be in the top 3! The atmosphere is very chill, you feel like you at a bar in New York. The apps are amazing! Top quality apps - try their sushi! Their food has amazing flavors - far from any type of chain restaurant. Can't speak to waht it sounds like when there are bands or music there - but I can say it's one of the nicest places to go after work or before a show with a small group of friends. It can get pricey, but I'd rather pay full price for phenominal food than mid price for sub par food!