“We had the meatballs!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Traditional Italian served at the First and Last since 1936, and they have it right! Quality food, modest prices, and excellent service in a family friendly environment. Personally, I am a sucker for the Stuffed Artichoke and Carbonara!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Very large menu; easy to find something that works for everybody. Did not have the pizza but the ones I saw looked great. Our party all had pasta dishes that were wonderful. Nice area for outside dining. Service was top notch. Reasonably priced.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 14, 2018

We have been to First & Last many times in the past and always enjoy ourselves. We went last Saturday evening for an early Mother's Day dinner. There were six of us and we were all most pleased with our experience. Angel D. was our waitress and she was excellent. We had three different pizzas, a steak salad and the standard spaghetti and meatball with salad plate. We also tried their raw bar sampler. We loved it all.
The pizza is always excellent. They have the deepest coal fired oven I have ever seen and the crust is just the right texture. Their breads are equally terrific. My only complaint was that the oysters were a little too large for my grandson to handle--quite a complaint!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Back in Connecticut for a visit and I absolutely had to eat at Fist and Last! I went by myself for lunch and had panne cotta...it was wonderful...and the bread, oh lord I could make a meal out of the bread.
My waitress was wonderful, my meal outstanding and I forgot about the mini biscotti you get for desert...heaven.

That weekend I ate there with family ( 8 of us) and it was just a terrific. This is a restaurant of my youth that remains as wonderful now as it was back then! We all had a variety of dishes and everyone enjoyed every bite of their meals. We had pizza, arancini, shrimp scampi, pasta primavera special.....another great meal.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2018

What a wonderful place! Great vibes and wonderful food. WHAT A BARGAIN as well!
"Original specials" are THE BEST -- spaghetti or shells, meatballs and or sausages, and a wonderful salad ... heaped all on one large oval plate. THE BEST MEATBALLS EVER. Loved this place. I can't wait to go back. Wish I lived closer.

Date of visit: April 2018