“A good meeting place”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wells St.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Many times when we have to travel from Boston to New Jersey we have stopped at Vito's and have never been dissappointed. The atmosphere is terrific and the service excellent. We often meet a friend who works for the state of CT. so the location suits us. It is also near museums and historical sites not to mention the park. We enjoy the salmon and the salads. they have beer on tap which makes my husband happy.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went to Vito's before a show and let the server know we were attending a show. The service was very slow. The server took a long time to take the order for drinks, then when he finally returned with the drinks, he wasn't ready to take our order. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. They offer gluten free options. They also have a fixed price menu for 20.00 which includes appetizer, meal and dessert.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Why, oh why, didn't I adhere to the advice of fellow Yelpers!?

DO NOT ORDER THE RISOTTO!

I created my own meal. I ordered the Seafood Risotto ($7) with the Pan Seared Scallops (Pomegranate Balsamic Glaze, Micro Greens, Sweet Potato) appetizer. The scallops weren't anything to write home about. I think it was served with julienned sweet potato slices, but they were so burnt, I couldn't taste anything but burnt ash. The Seafood Risotto was a joke. It was rice (long grain) served with pieces of seafood in it. Where is the creamy consistency I've come accustomed to? I asked the waiter if he made a mistake - was I served a seafood paella instead? No, this is Vito's version of risotto! After he gave me the bill, he then took the risotto off. He realized that they had run out of risotto and the chef hadn't cooked this batch long enough. Or so that is the story he gave me.

Service here wasn't outstand either. Once the restaurant died down, we were given more attention, but by then our meal was over.

Lesson learned: Yelpers never lie!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Vito's food is delicious, in a very scenic area and easily accessible. It is within a walking distance of many attractions in Hartford.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wow, lucky to take trip advisors advice and hit up Vito's on a warm June evening after a long day. Stumbled in on a Tuesday night after the drive from Providence, RI to catch $1 oysters and two for one drinks! Blue points off the charts fresh, shiny and briny.

We followed up with more lovingly prepared appetizers until we were literally bursting with authentic Italian goodness. I really enjoyed this spot and would go back in a flash. Friendly, casual atmosphere, just a great little spot.