“nice place to dine!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wells St.
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I was with a group of people for a business meeting! the place was fantastic where u can chat and have quality food! pasta was good and the house wine too!a very good place to converse.the staff is very good and helpful.

1  Thank kaustubh_limaye

Reviewed January 23, 2012

OK I went to the Resturant and the setting is really open but still cosy with a really nice open fire, the service was excellent and the food very good with an accompanying win list. I honestly cant fault the food or service. So why the low score? The toliets let the place down small dark only one toliet as far as I could see for the whole resturant and it aint a small resturant. The only other issue is it was a bit pricey.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Used to eat here quite regularly since I work nearby, but the food had gone downhill for a while so we I stopped. It's probably been three years. My boss invited me to lunch last week and this is where we went. I had tomato garganzola salad which was fantastic - large, lots of greens, tomatoes,crumbled cheese and I think pecans. Boss had a salmon dish, which he loved. Think I will be returning soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Went here with a group of about 12 for a holiday lunch/dinner. Very accommodating staff made the afternoon a pleasure. They set us up by the fireplace and that was nice on a cold day. Pretty views to Bushnell Park - last time we were here at night and the lights were beautiful.
The food is inconsistent - all pretty good, some very good, such as the breads and spreads, the crab cake appetizers and a lot of the antipasti. On the downside, the ravioli was a little tough, although the sauce on the lobster ravioli was excellent. Seafood sampler is generous and fresh.
Wines by the glass are pretty ordinary - too bad for a place that clearly has plenty of buying power.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We have been to Vito's numerous times before going to the Bushnell and have had fair service but this night before seeing Cathy Rigby in Peter Pan was the worst dining experience I have had in many years. This is the first review I have ever bothered to write, it was that bad. Reservations at 5:30pm show at 8:00pm no problem right? Dead wrong... The place was empty, we placed our dinner order by 5:45pm and waited and waited and waited. 6:30pm no dinner, we inquire and mention the show time again, our waiter has gone AWOL and ignores us taking care of everyone else. The place of course is full by 7:00pm We get the manager, he makes excuses that they are
not prepared to be so busy" Is this guy for real?, real idiot trying to smooze us, other servers bring our meal at 7:15pm. We now feel rushed and eat as the meals show up staggered, not so we can all eat together. Our waiter shows up at 7:30pm we are barely finishing and forget asking about coffee or dessert he presents the bill and tells us that it includes an 18% service gratuity because there are 6 of us! Then he takes off and we leave feeling we were the fools for even going there in the first place. Ah, but now worries, none of us will ever go there again and I have made it my business to tell all my friends and business contacts to stay away from this disaster area. We only attended Vito's this evening because our favorite Hartford restaurant "Salute" didn't have an opening for us- I would have prefered to skip this meal and experience. Most other restaurants were also full- now I understand
why Vito's had openings. The evening was not a total loss, Cathy Rigby in "PeterPan" was simply Fantastic!
" and the Bushnell again proved to us its the best night out in Hartford!
Want a great meal and great service too? Get yourself to "Salute" right next door and Enjoy!!

1  Thank 209Laura