“Rocky Hill loc. GREAT”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Plainville, Connecticut
“Rocky Hill loc. GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I just had lunch at the Rocky Hill location. We were very impressed with the comfortable and friendly accommodation made by the staff for our lunch request even though no weekend lunch schedule existed at the time. From our first interaction with Zermin, the maître di, we were welcomed, even with two full parties celebrating in the restaurant. And we were served by no fewer than five people who were also friendly and accommodating. So, in other words, the service was great. Great service...check.
Now, to the food. My wife and I love a good salad. So we are impressed with a fully green lettuce salad. The rustic Italian breads were a good starter along with the salad. Good salad...check. Then, the calamari appetizer was delivered. We've had calamari that was rubbery and tough or over-cooked at times. This calamari was soft, fresh and delicious. Tasty appetizer...check.
My wife had the gnocchi with meat sauce which was pillowy soft and tasty. I had the fettuccini with chicken and cream basil sauce. Another delicious combination in a tasty sauce. Ok, fine entrées...check. The Tiramisu dessert was no disappointment either. It was scrumptious, light and fluffy with a delicious moist cake. Final check...wow.
I almost never use sports analogies but, this was a solid hit out of the "pahk" as they say in my hometown. Keep up the good work you guys.

• Visited February 2014

Wethersfield, Connecticut
“New Location-Same Great Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We recently tried the new Rocky Hill location for Casa Mia with family members and a toddler. The host was outstanding giving us a great seat with a beautiful view of the snow bound landscape and immediately had a high chair brought out for our son. Although the location was new the food was just as good as the original Hartford location. The bread basket was constantly refilled and was accompanied by a cheese, olive and giardiniere plate. For appetizers we ordered the calimari which were fried in a light batter and tender and the vongoli casino were the perfect combination of plump clam and crispy bacon. The entrée portion sizes were enormous (same as the original Hartford location) with almost no discernible change in the entree price. Ask for Franco and he will take care of you, he waited on us hand and foot and treated us like family.

NOTE: We have been going to Casa Mia for decades and have never experienced any of the problems in some of the previous reviews.

• Visited January 2014
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Eh!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went there for a party and was in the banquet room. Tables were set in a big U and it was so tight across the back, you couldn't get past people sitting in the chairs. Bread was brought out, no olive oil with herbs. Antipasto brought out, was OK. Calimari was tough and rubbery. Clam sauce with linguini was nothing to write home about, very little sauce. Pasta with red sauce OK. The piece of beef I had was tough and gristly. Chicken was OK. Didn't bring out salad until the meat came out, what was with that? Not impressed. Glass of house wine $8

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 1976RN
Hartford, Connecticut
“Mi Casa Es Su Casa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

When we dined here the restaurant was not crowded hence the service was fine and unhurried. The HoueseWine was great and the meal , whatever anyone in our group of 10 orderd was good. Definitely worth a visit whenever you are in the area. Prices Were fair and the ambiance was neat. A great place at a fair price!!

• Visited November 2012
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Dirty, cheap atmosphere, terrible food. My fish was tough and chewy and my green beans tasted like someone had thrown cigarette butts in the pan. I felt sick all night after eating there. The house cab was the cheapest and most terrible wine I have ever tasted and for $8 a glass!! Disgusting.