“Apps are my favorite !”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Unionville, CT
“Apps are my favorite !”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times, its one of my all time favorites. Most recently right before Christmas we went with some family that had never been. We were seated in the front room next to the window and it was a little chilly, not a problem, they turned the heat up. We started with some appetizers. The Calmares, Grilled squid with Spanish paprika, olive oil and crispy garlic for $10 it is one of the best calamari apps I have ever had. The Pulpo- Galician style octopus with Spanish paprika, sea salt and extra virgin olive oil also amazing the taste is perfect also only $11. My mom had the Sopa de Pescado-Mediterranean style fish and mussel soup, which had a wonderful flavor. We also had a special crepe app. that was stuffed with crab and it was excellent. Costa has reasonably priced wine, bottles in the $20-$40 range that are really excellent wines. For entrees my brother and Aunt shared the Paella which looked amazing and tasted just as amazing. I ordered the Bacalao which is a House-cured codfish with onion and pepper comfit over sautéed baby spinach, this dish is always so good that I only eat half and bring it home with me to enjoy the next day. All in all this is a wonderful restaurant and if I lived closer, I would be there more often. Keep up the good work !

• Visited December 2012

Glastonbury, Connecticut
“not special”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

overpriced for food and surroundings ...this is the third time we have gone there because we like Spanish food, but each time we've left a little disappointed.

Visited August 2012
Simsbury, Connecticut, United States
“Great Food all the time”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of my all time favorite restaurants. Family run, always consistent in quality of the food, and friendly knowledgeable owners. Pepe is the best and always greets with a warm smile and conversation. Wine list, mostly Spanish wines, is very well thought out. Paella is the best around.

• Visited October 2012
Westbrook, Connecticut
“Muy Sabrosa”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a well run establishment. The caliber of the food and service are top shelve. Tremendous flavors that please the pallet. Would highly recommend.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank debrapal
Haddam, Connecticut
“Always excellent, authentic Spanish food!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been dining at Costa del Sol for years. I lived in Spain, and this is the real thing when it comes to Spanish cuisine. This is the restaurant I choose every year to celebrate my birthday, and my entire family loves it. In fact, it is now my daughter's restaurant of choice for her birthday every year. The paella is a favorite - always amazing and delicious. I've also had many other items on the menu and have never been disappointed. If they added tortilla espanola to the menu, I would be so thrilled - an authentic tortilla espanola is hard to come by in CT. I highly recommend Costa del Sol.

• Visited October 2012