“Great Burger and Fries”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New Windsor, New York, United States
“Great Burger and Fries”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived at this tavern at 6pm on Saturday. We were in Hartford to attend the Head of the Riverfront Crew event on the Connecticut River and were looking for a good burger and did not want to travel too far from the Hampton Inn where we were staying. The Arch Tavern turned out to be a good choice. They had ample parking, the server was pleasant and knew the menu. We ordered burgers, the large fries and a tenderloin sandwich. The burgers were really good and cooked to our order. The tenderloin sandwich was on the small size for the money, but the meat was tender. French fries were home cut and tasted great. They have a limited wine list, however, it is a tavern not a wine bar. When we were getting ready to leave, they started to get additional customers as they have live music. It really is a decent place to eat!

• Visited October 2013

Lido Beach NY
“quiet with decent beers on tap”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very lite crowd, easy to get served and relax. Bartenders do not have experience making martinis and generally anything more than a beer or wine is going to be basically undrinkable. But the crowd seems not to care.

Visited August 2013
Bristol, Connecticut
“Hidden Gem! Great Live Bands!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've been going out in Hartford for the last 6 years. I usually stay around the bars on and off Asylum street. I was asked to check this bar out and I can't believe what I've been missing all of this time! This bar has great live music. A rustic/wooden barn feel. Great beers on tap. A nice outside smoking/eating area. All in all, it's a great place if you're looking to here a live band and get away from the Asylum street "club" atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bad Quality Food even for a Tavern”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

It's a tavern in Hartford. I really expected the food to be a lot a better, considering that it is close to the convention center, the new Front Street downtown renewal/Spotlight Cinemas/Bistro and the soon-to-be Infinity Hall area.

While I liked the dark, tavern vibe; it felt way too rustic for my taste; considering this is downtown Hartford. The Hartford Jazz Orchestra plays here often, which is great in terms of entertainment; their drinks selection was expectantly extensive.

However, the food was a real turn-off. The New England Clam Chowder tasted like they opened up a can of Campbells or Progresso into a "diner-style" soup cup. My hamburger was pretty good, but the fries had a really bad after-taste. My mother's quiche looked as if the dough was previously frozen, and the filling looked (and tasted) less than desirable.

We probably wouldn't go back to this establishment, since the food tasted so bad.

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
“Nice tavern, good food, loud on Jazz night”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good location close by CT Convention Center. The menu features basic pub food. I asked what the most popular item was and was told the Rueben, so I tried it, was very satisfied. Nice pub/taven atmosphere, and a good selection of beers available. My group happened to go on a "Jazz night" where most of the tables had been reserved, so we sat at the bar. While I liked listening to the music, it was so loud that I had trouble hearing my colleauges or the waitress. The service was good.

• Visited June 2013