“Good BBQ option in the North”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Black-Eyed Sally's

Black-Eyed Sally's
Reserve with OpenTable
Black-Eyed Sally's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 432 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come sink your teeth into our award winning bar-b-que and Southern cooking served up in a juke joint atmosphere. We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and feature live blues & jazz music. Try some of our house specialties such as Ribs, Pulled Pork, Jambalaya, and Blackened Catfish. Top it off with some Pecan Pie and you'll be hooked. At Sally's we feed your mouth and your soul!
Rhode Island
“Good BBQ option in the North”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had dinner here with a friend here during the Saturday night of Super Bowl weekend. My buddy had been here many times before. They just happened to have a great deal going on of an Appetizer, Dinner, and Dessert for only 20.14 per person. We both had the awesome Gumbo, while I had Shrimp and Grits as my friend had Blackened Catfish. I had Mississippi Mud Pie and my buddy, Key Lime. Very very satisfying all the way around, including the prompt and friendly service. Fun atmosphere too. Would love to return next time I'm in town visiting!

• Visited December 2013

Meriden, Connecticut, United States
“not the greatest experience for us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went to Black Eyes Sallys last night with a friend and my cousin, celebrating my cousins 50th birthday. Less than stellar experience. Waitstaff was bad. Wait time was awful and the place was not very busy when we got there about 6. Staff had no enthusiasm, did not have the warm Louisiana feel you would expect. I had blackened catfish (no flavor) but the rice and red beans was very good. My cousin and friend had the mac and cheese, which Sally should have gotten a black eye for that. Although, they did very much like the fried chicken and collard greens. Waitress did not recommend anything or even come back to check if we needed anything would have tried a dessert but she brought us the check. Guess it meant time for us to go home. Then as we were leaving hostess and several employees were at the door, no one said a word, just talked amongst themselves, Not a bye, thanks for coming, how was your meal nothing. Wow, we just spent $114 in your restaurant and we dont even get a have a good nite. Last time I was here was when it first opened, should have kept it that way, had better memories from then. Not going back to many 50/50 experiences, with the food, staff. etc. Oh and you cant tell the staff from customers, they just wear anything. We needed extra napkins and didnt realize about 3 staff persons had walked by til we saw them go to tables to take orders. We thought they were customers. Not good presentation of professional staff. Seems like a way to save money by the owner. You would not see this in Louisiana.

• Visited January 2014
Muncy PA
“Nice variety - setting and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I sat at the bar and had a nice chat with the very friendly bartender, whose beard reminded me of the buys on Duck Dynasty. I got the brisket and rib combo and it was fantastic. I thought the restaurant had a nice variety of places to sit, a quiet, but good sized dining area, as well as another room nearer to the bar, and yet another cozy storefront kind of spot. The menu is definitely BBQ, but also had some unusual salad entrees and seafood. The location is great too, right near the capitol building downtown.

• Visited November 2013
Florida
“A Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

This place is a real find. It is located next door to the Homewood Suites, where I was staying, so it was very convenient. BBQ and Cajun food were very good. Portions were ample. The first time I was there, the place was packed and the kitchen was slow, but the waitress was attentive, and there was live music, so I was not bothered by the wait.

Since the place often has live music in the evenings, it may not be the ideal place for a business dinner, or if you want to chat with friends, but if you enjoy jazz, and you want good food at a reasonable price, this place fits the bill.

• Visited December 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Homewood Suites next door to this restaurant. We saw BBQ and were pretty much set on eating at this place. The food was great, the service was great and the atmosphere was fun. I could not believe how much food was on my plate when I received my meal. I was very happy with our choice to eat there.

• Visited November 2013