“Great lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Black-Eyed Sally's

Black-Eyed Sally's
Reserve with OpenTable
Black-Eyed Sally's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 432 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come sink your teeth into our award winning bar-b-que and Southern cooking served up in a juke joint atmosphere. We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and feature live blues & jazz music. Try some of our house specialties such as Ribs, Pulled Pork, Jambalaya, and Blackened Catfish. Top it off with some Pecan Pie and you'll be hooked. At Sally's we feed your mouth and your soul!
“Great lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Great lunch spot. Gumbo is really good. Beef brisket sandwich was tasty and came with homemade chips and slaw. Will go again.

• Visited September 2013

Carlsbad, California
“So-so BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I guess if you want good BBQ you shouldn't try for it in Hartford Conn! Cute ambience and nice service but food was just "okay". Food was a bit greasy too. Don't think I will be returning any time soon!

• Visited August 2013
Ames, Iowa
“Two Good Lunches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in Hartford on business recently and had lunch here two days in a row. I love Southern food and also BBQ, so a place advertising itself as "southern BBQ" would naturally draw me in. On my first visit I had the bacon/lettuce/fried green tomato sandwich, which was quite good, though I wound up having to eat it with a knife and fork because the sandwich fell apart on me. I love fried green tomatoes and while these were certainly not up to the ones I have eaten in Charleston and Atlanta, they were certainly good for the area-- how many places in the Northeast even sell these? On the second day I had the pulled pork sandwich ("our specialty", according to the menu) which was also very good, particularly when accompanied by the house-brand BBQ sauce, a jar of which was on the table.

Both sandwiches came with excellent "vinegar chips"; i.e., homemade potato chips with a strong vinegar flavor. I have not had anything like these elsewhere.

Service could have been a faster. On both days I waited for several minutes to be seated, even though the place was pretty much empty (it had just opened for lunch) and on one occasion I told the waitress "I'll take the check whenever its convenient", and then waited about ten minutes for her to bring it.

Prices lean toward the high side. Both sandwiches were ten dollars, my diet coke was an extra 2, so by the time one factors in tax and tip, my sandwich and beverage approached 15 bucks. However, I enjoyed both lunches and would come again.

Visited August 2013
“Amazing BBQ!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Service was good. I ordered the BBQ brisket and it was unbelievably good. Tender, mouth-watering deliciousness! I subbed a side of mac & cheese for the beans & rice. I don't often order mac & cheese out because I'm fairly particular about this food, but it was so yummy, I ate every bite of it. We went on a Wednesday night and there was live music that started about 9ish. The crowd started picking up then and it got pretty busy & loud at that point.

• Visited August 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Very oily”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I know it is southern cooking but it is very oily. beans are too sweet, cornbread tasted like a mix. Service was slow even there were not too many customers.

Visited July 2013