“So delicious and cost effective - can't beat it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kashmir Restaurant - CLOSED

Kashmir Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
South Windsor, Connecticut
“So delicious and cost effective - can't beat it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I've been going here for so many years, and I can't find any place that beats it for such delicious food at such a good value. Any chance I have to have a business meeting over lunch or dinner, that's where I try to go - and some of those people are now hooked on the place, too! They'll make a dish more or less spicey, if I want, and they've even arranged parties for me. I just can't say enough about this place. If you're shy, grab some takeout sometime, and I know you'll be pleased!

• Visited March 2012

Manchester, Connecticut
“Truly worth for the repeat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

I never wrote a review for any restaurant but I try different restaurants. The Kashmir is one of my favorites. If you think you "don't like Indian food," try “Kashmir”. It will raise your expectations. My wife and I have our menu favorites. Our usual order consists of vegetable Samosas, Mulligatawny Soup, Chicken Tikka, Muttar Paneer, Lamb Vindaloo, Lamb Shaag, Chicken Biryani, Kashmiri Dal and Paratha. I am impressed, excellent selection of Indian cuisine, extremely flavorful and authentic style of cooking, interesting and most affordable wine list I must say. They serve such large portions that we would regularly have to ask to wrap it up to go. Service is prompt, attentive and friendly. It's truly worth for the repeat. We love the relaxed feel of this place; feel like a comfortable living room.

• Visited March 2012
Ellington, Connecticut
“Much better Indian food out there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

My wife and I have been to several Indian restaurants in CT and this one is prob one of the worst we went to. I read the reviews and a co-worker of mine said it was good so I had to try it. The portions were very small and my wife stated her frozen Indian meals from the grocery store were better. My meal was just ok, I def would not go back here.

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Very Promising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Went to Kashmir based upon tripadvisor reviews. We love Indian cuisine. But I guess it is a lot like your home cooking, we get used to our Mom's cooking and judge all else against that. Kashmir is not far from downtown by car. The ambiance was excellent, with tasteful Indian music in the background. Service was also excellent. The food though was mixed. The meat platter appetizer was perhaps the best we've ever had, especially the home made samosas which had the flakiest delicious pastry. The chicken vindaloo I ordered though was not spicy enough for my taste, though I usually instruct my local Indian place to make it extra spicy, I did not do that here as it has backfired for me at other places I have tried. Likewise the consistency of the raita was much chunkier, and sweeter, than we are used to. My wife did not like her eggplant dish, reporting it to be bland. But the aloo paratha bread was much like the samosas -- scrumptious. We have tickets for 2 more plays in Hartford and will return to try this again. Oh -- and there is a 10% off coupon on their website, on top of very reasonable prices!

• Visited February 2012
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Good homely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

The restaurant is unique. The location is not among the most sought after ones, the restaurant itself looks a little run-down, the decor is decent and very ethnic. The food is interesting. With a definite Bangladeshi touch, it was a favorite of mine in the group of 4. The non-veg was very good, especially the goat. The veg was decent but veg options were limited.
We will retyrn.