“Family dinner ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Overall the food was good with creative and delicious choices and attentive service. Fine Italian dining. A few things not to my tastes, but not in the major food categories and I’m sure had I made a special request it would have been accommodated.

I would kindly recommend you discontinue the use of “young lady” when addressing any female customer over the age of 12; similarly “young man” to any male over the same age as this may not be received by your customers in the manner in which it was intended. Is it truly necessary to infer age in addressing a person you do not know? As a customer I would never think of addressing any of the staff as “Boy... or Girl” to get assistance or acknowledge understanding.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Went here for dinner. We were in the mood for Italian and people in the office suggested Carbone’s.

We drove through Hartford to get there and were able to find a place on the street to park. It looks as though they do have a parking lot, but am not sure if it is complimentary or not.

We walked in and even though we did not have reservations we were seated immediately. This is a white table cloth kind of place and some of the prices do reflect that.

The service was constant, friendly and helpful without being overbearing.

It is an Italian restaurant so they are numerous Italian dishes and a lot of tough choices to make. After reviewing the menu I narrowed my choices down to 3. After speaking with our server I eliminated 1 and finally decided on the Rigatoni Bolognese. It is beef, pork, tomato-cream ragu, homemade ricotta and arugula.

Before dinner came they did deliver a basket of bread with a house made oil.

Our entrees arrived a short while later. There was an adequate portion of pasta and a very large dollop of the homemade ricotta, and in my opinion too much arugula.

I mixed about half of the ricotta mixture in to the pasta and ragu mixture. My work associate gladly took the other half.

The mixing in of the ricotta gave the dish a little more creamy texture.

Overall a very good dinner.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Scott, Siobhan and his team were awesome. We had the Carbone salad that was excellent.
Just enough dressing. Then I had the veal and eggplant alforno.
The sauce was excellent, the spinach delicious and the risotto was delightful.
Bill had chicken parmigiana with penne.
The penne was al dente, the chicken was very good. We moved onto dessert
Torta De Angelo to die for
Bill had strawberry millefoglia and it was excellent
Service, food impeccable
Will be back!!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 20, 2019

This place is amazing in every way. The food is 2nd to none, the location is easy to get to and to park and when you go in you can feel the old world charm welcome you

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 27, 2019

My wife and I went to dinner at Carbone's with another couple on Saturday night during Taste of Hartford Restaurant week. As a result, the restaurant had 400 reservations that evening. You might have guessed that by the number of empty seats in the house — 0 — and the number of people streaming in the front door. But you'd never have known it from the effortless, timely service of the wait staff.

An old deodorant commercial said, "Never let 'em see you sweat." Our waiter, Scott Ryan, was the embodiment of that commercial. Aside from being professional and personable, he was cool as a cuke throughout. We might be going back on a quieter night. But we'll definitely be going back.

As for the food, as Scott remarked, "It's Carbone's." 'Nuff said.

Date of visit: January 2019