“Excellent meal at Carbone's”

Carbone's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Carbone's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 441 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was our 4th time at Carbone's. The food is always high quality. I had chicken Marsala and my wife had eggplant parmaesan. Both were excellent but the chicken portion was maybe a little on the light side. Service was very good. The only regret was I had requested a booth when I called for the reservation which by the way was at 5:00 - not exactly a busy time and when we got there there were supposedly no booths available. We ate in a small room off the bar so I was unable to see if all the booths were taken but by the number of cars in the parking lot I found it hard to believe it was that crowded. We will return as the food is always excellent.

There are newer reviews for Carbone's Restaurant

Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

This is my all time favorite restaurant on the planet. The food is out of this world beyond belief delicious. The service is five star and incredibly friendly. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The food was unlimited, great drinks, espcially the new Bicerin Italian chocolate liqueur from Italy. They made 2 chocolate martinis, one with raspberry vodka (Jelly Ring) and one with coconut vodka (All-Man-Tini)/ Both were great, but I vote the Jelly Ring #1

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is my third time at Carbone's. The first time, the meal was sensational and the service was great. The second time, we were very disappointed in both the meal and service. The third time, this evening during Hartford dinner week, the meal was terrific. We did not have a consistent waitress at our table. The first one we had was personable but the person who replaced her could not be bothered helping us. We actually got an adolescent sigh from this mature woman when we asked to have our coffee refilled. Another down side of the evening was the cigar and scotch event in tents that surrounded the entrance. The smell of the cigar smoke permeated the restaurant. We should have been warned, when we called for a reservation. This is likely my last time eating there - will only go if part of a business dinner and the restaurant selection was not mine. There are just so many restaurants with food that is more exciting and better service in the Hartford area -- this coming from someone who fits the demographic that should love the traditional ambiance.

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Service,food is great decor maybe a little dated..would recommend to friends!