“Great Italian Restaurant”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Asylum Street
Description: Welcome to the New Hot Tomato's! The newly renovated, casual restaurant features an open kitchen, multiple dining areas, an old world wine cellar, and charming outdoor stone patio. The bar is a lively part of the restaurant where guests may enjoy specialized cocktails, exceptional wine or choose to have a full meal. Our extensive wine cellar offers wines from regions all over the world, making it easy to pair a glass or bottle with your meal. We strive to give excellent service at all times and will set the pace of your dining to your needs. Trying to catch the next train out of Hartford or grabbing a quick business lunch? Just tell us and we will speed it up to accommodate you. We are located in the heart of Hartford, CT adjacent to the historic landmark, Union Station, which is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. We look forward to your visit. Buon appetito!
Reviewed January 6, 2013

To die for gorganzola bread! I love this place for a carb binge. If you're into gluten free has pasta offerings for the same which is pretty cutting edge I think. Overall great spot, will return.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went tonight on a Sunday and should have know straight away there would be an issue when they said "we don't normally open on a sunday but we have a rehearsal dinner tonight and thought we would open". It used to be one of my favourite Hartford spots but haven't been in a while. The portions were huge but presentation was sloppy and food tasted bland. The only good thing was the signature garlic bread.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The food was not worth the price that they charged. The service was great, however for the portions and the price tag that accompanied the meal, it was not a match. It was very disappointing and in my mind a waste of my well earned money.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Really fantastic Italian food. Fresh, local and made with care. The portions are substantial. I dare you to finish the chicken parmigiana. Entrees start around $15. Perfect date night atmosphere.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was very disappointed. The food was very average, the wait staff seemed so disinterested, the atmosphere was not very good. I do not think I will be back.