“Love the Concept, Seems Like a Bumpy Start”

Spotlight Theatres Front Street Stadium 4
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Hartford
Marlborough, Connecticut
“Love the Concept, Seems Like a Bumpy Start”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I love the concept of dinner and a movie in downtown Hartford and I've been to this venue three times. Movie viewing is comfortable, the parking is easy (you DO get a partial validation if you are in the garage) and the restaurant is convenient. However, once the concession stand was out of several soda options and the Bistro service was very slow. I've heard others remark the same so I'm hoping that management works out the kinks.

Hartford, Connecticut
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Pleasant surprise in downtown Hartford”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Love the new Spotlight Theater on Front Street in Hartford. One line for ticket and food is very convenient. Clean, modern, nice facility. Very comfy seats. Convenient and ample parking. Will definitely go again.

Connecticut
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Upscale theater, on it's way to being Hartford's Classy theater”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's nice to be in a theater with an upscale atmosphere. Across from the new downtown Marriott and convention center, with parking at most $2 in the adjacent garage with theater ticket, the smaller sized theaters with more comfortable seats is where I now prefer to view movies. Sound and screen are excellent. Don't expect huge buckets of popcorn, but do come for a nice dinner in the bistro before or after the show. Bring your glass of wine or white Russian into the theater with you, then relax and enjoy!

Hartford, CT
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Comfortable Movie Theater; Good Happy Hour at Front Street Bistro”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend and I have been to this movie theater twice. Both times we have a good experience. No lines to get tickets. Most comfortable stadium seats with plenty of room. Sound and picture quality is excellent. A little tricky at first to find auditoriums since two are on one side of the building and two are around the corner. Restroom also a bit hard to find.

We had happy hour at the Front Street Bistro adjacent to the theater lobby. Appetizers were a good value. Salmon burger sliders only $3.00. for two. Turkey burger sliders also $3.00 for two. Buffalo chicken fritters $4.00 for four. Beer drafts were $3.00. We felt it was a good value.

Would definitely go again.

Visited January 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Would definitely go back”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been excited to try out Spotlight since I heard it was coming to downtown. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

We found free parking a block away on a Saturday night. When we got into the building, it was confusing as to where to buy tickets vs. concessions. I also couldn't find the restroom. (I'd recommend more signage to alleviate these issues.) Concession prices seemed in line with other movie theaters, but you also have the option to purchase "real" food like cheese plates, hummus platters, etc. We got a Long Trail and champagne to take into the theater, which cost about $9 and change.

The seats were roomy, with arm rests that lift up and plenty of leg room. We saw Zero Dark Thirty, and the theater was pretty full. The place is a lot classier looking than other movie theaters - for example, you won't find any weird movie theater carpeting here (you know what I'm talking about!).

I didn't get a chance to try the bistro food. Tuesdays are $6 all day, and college students are $8 with a valid ID.

Visited January 2013