Hartford Marriott Downtown
$203
$68
$107
$55
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites(Hartford)(Great Value!)
$99
$399
$274
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsconvention centerfront deskthe concierge loungecorner roomroom servicetop floorscience museumconnecticut rivermovie theaterpool and hot tubup to daterooms are niceking roomself parkingbusiness travelerbusiness tripstayed one night
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I arrived early on 9/20/11 for my two day stay, 12:30 PM. Front desk was very polite, but my King room was not yet available, the ladies suggested i go to lunch and come back around 2 PM. I went to the hotel restaurant and had a very nice cup of French Onion soup, $7.00. Along with the meal was a wonderful basket of bread and their own in house spread (nice!).

I walked around a bit and came back to the front desk at 2 PM, and still no King room available. No worries, I had a rental car and decided to drive around looking for two seafood restaurants I wanted to check out. (J's Crab Shack was awesome!)

I returned to the hotel around 4 PM (shift change) and the nice young man at the front desk said my room was ready, a nice corner room with two double beds....hmm. I reminded him the ladies at the desk had assured me that a King would be available earlier in the day. He said with a smile, Sir, you only had a request for a King and we only have the twin room. Well, no real problem, but it was not what I had asked for or waited for the past 3 hours. He looked again and finally found a King room.

I am not a Marriott member, only travel two or three time per year. On the other hand, I book 300 hotel rooms a year for our flight crews. Interesting to see how Marriott treats a regular Joe.

Hotel is nice, I would give it 3.5 stars. Restaurant was good, treated well for only ordering soup. Had a drink in the restaurant bar later that night. Nice young man tending bar, a local that was proud of his town. Next night I had a drink in their lounge. Not impressed. The girl tending bar, April, had to ask me twice what I ordered. She treated every customer like they bothered her. The bar was not even busy. May be the hot spot for downtown Hartford, but I would not waste another $ in this bar.

Overall, nice convention hotel. Would I put our pilots up at this hotel? Yes. Just remember, the city controls the parking garage. The hotel has a deal at $19 a day plus tax. Better than NY. If your pilots don't have a car, there are places to eat a few blocks away and there is a free shuttle/bus service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Margery R, Manager at Hartford Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feeback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your candid feedback and were very pleased to see that your overall impression of our hotel and staff was favorable. We are sorry that our lounge fell short of your expectations and appreciate your candid feedback so that we can correct the situation. We strive to make the Marriott Hartford Downtown a home away from home for our guests and we were happy to see that you would recommend others to the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you and your associates in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

it is in the convection location,walk to downtown, which is dead on the weekend. Free bus to restaurants and general areas,
elegant , perhaps only 4 star hotel in downtown.

Room Tip: face the river
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for mentioning us on TripAdvisor! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Hartford has many events throughout the year. Be sure to check out CTVisit.com before your next stay to see the many events happening in Hartford and the surroundingthe area. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband, my children, and I stayed here in September 2011. The rooms and bathrooms were extremely clean. However, the noise level in the hotel was quite loud- both from guests and the nightclub in the lobby. Our room was on the 6th floor, and we could hear the music and base until well after 2am!

• Stayed: September 2011
Margery R, Manager at Hartford Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to express your views through TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments and work very hard to make our guests feel at home and comfortable when they stay with us. We have a very popular nightclub and have been told that it can get a bit loud in the lobby, however you should not be experiencing noise from Crush on the 6th floor. We appreciate your feedback and will investigate this to ensure that the noise is kept to a minimum.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Wife and I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday evening. Arrived at 10pm and had several problems with check-in. The lobby was incredibly noisy as there is a nightclub across from the front desk. Drunk partygoers in various manners of disheveled clothing kept filtering out and acting up. Our room type that we booked (king bed) was not available and the front desk manager tried to force us into a room with two double beds instead. I resisted and the manager found a king room to accomodate us. Another clerk told us that there were several late check outs at 5pm by a college and they were still trying to service the rooms from inventory to accomodate arrivals (at 10pm on a saturday evening!). The hotel restaurant is not open after 10pm so we went out to a diner and returned an 90 minutes later. There was no valet at the door to take our car. Waited for 10 minutes then I just left the car locked and parked out front and went upstairs. Several inebriated guests coming and going from the elevators and the door from a guestrom on our floor had been "toilet papered". It stayed that way until 9am the next morning.

Guestroom was clean, but smaller than other downtown Marriotts I have stayed at.

Had buffet breakfast the next morning in the hotel restaurant. Food was very good but the service can be somewhat slow at times. If you want an omelette or pancakes/waffle you must order it from the server. It took about 25 minutes for this to arrive. seemed like a long time to wait.

On the morning of our check-out the hotel hung a copy of our folio (statement of hotel charges) on the handle of our guestroom door. This folio contains name, home address, marriott rewards number and other personally identifiable information. It is all hanging there for any to grab and look at (or take with tem)! MAJOR BREACH OF SECURITY!!!!!!! The folio should have been completely slid under the guestroom door. But it wasn't. And.....the folio was incorrect anyway. We had to go to the front desk to have the fix it.

Room Tip: Warning: This hotel is "nightclub central" on Friday and Saturday evenings. Keep this in mind when booking your reservation.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Margery R, Manager at Hartford Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to offer your evaluation for our Hartford property. We’re sorry our hotel and services did not meet your expectations.

Crush Lounge is one of the most popular nightclubs in Hartford and because Crush is located right off our lobby, that area can become noisy at times. However, there is no justification for noise on the guestroom floors and we have a strict policy in place to keep noise levels down in those areas.

Our brand’s national policy requires the provision of a receipt of expenses for every guest for checkout. This folio is something many travelers have come to expect to find on the floor inside their room prior to checkout. However, our hotel has a unique feature that prevents us from sliding them under the door. Our high-rise building is outfitted with a fire and smoke suppression system complete with doors that make a complete and tight seal that prevents smoke from entering guestrooms in the event of a fire. These seals on the doors also prevent us from sliding folios under them. As a result, our standard is to hang folios on the door. Folios contain guest name, room number and expenses; however no credit card or personally identifiable information is printed on them beyond that. The Marriott rewards number is also obfuscated except for the last 4 digits.

Please feel free to contact me directly at our property if you wish to personally discuss your concerns.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We chose this property for its "summer deal" - and were not disappointed. Good location, clean and comfortable room, very helpful staff, great complimentary breakfast each morning (for 2), pleasant pool and jacuzzi area, and even a complimentary bottle of wine when the front desk staff found out it was our anniversary. Hotel is the first stop on a convenient shuttle loop. While we weren't all that far away from restaurants, theatre, the park, it was nice to know we could hop on/off at will. Hope this deal will be available again in the future!

Room Tip: We requested an upper floor room to get away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Margery R, Manager at Hartford Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear Wandering Two,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed our "summer deal" and that you are sharing it with TripAdvisor! That is terrific that you took advantage of the convenient and free Star Shuttle. It is a great way to see the sights and get acquainted with the city. We strive to provide you the best hotel experience and customer service and it seems we succeded. Thanks again and come back and see us when you are in the area!