“Small Theater, Good Production”
Review of TheaterWorks

TheaterWorks
Ranked #17 of 66 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Owner description: Hartford's professional Off-Broadway-style theatre.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I attended the production, Almost Maine, on January 27, 2013. We both found the production entertaining, and the acting was superb. TheaterWorks is located in the basement of a building on Pearl Street. It is smaller than The Hartford Stage, but the seats are closer to the stage, and there is no bad seating. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

2  Thank William S

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This play is hilarious and was very well executed by the solo actor. The theater is small and intimate and not a bad seat in the place. Not the first show I have seen here but definitely one of my favorites. I highly recommend this theater.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you want a cushion on your seat, you have to pay an additional fee. A very uncomfortable place to see a play.

1  Thank Jack D
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My first time going to TheaterWorks and what a great experience. The play itself was "interesting". Definitely thought provoking... It was a 2 person show and the actors were incredible! We bought seasons tickets and absolutely love the laid back, no printable tickets, no particular day attitude and process they have. We showed up about an hour before the show started. Plenty of seats, and all of them good. The staff again were laid back, but helpful and professional at the same time. We can't wait till our next play!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Not a place for kids, but the productions are nothing less than fantastic. There is always a twist or something about the production that leaves you thinking long after the curtain falls.

Been to TheaterWorks? Share your experiences!