Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
$68
$128
$55
$45
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites(Hartford)(Great Value!)
$99
$91
Agoda.com
$104
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenrooms are hugecity steamloft styleliving roomfront deskunusual hotelsleeping areabrew pubhistorical buildingextra spacedesk arealong stayhotel roomwithin walking distancegreat complimentary breakfastpull out couch
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We recently stayed here for just one night for a wedding. We hated to leave, because we could have stayed for a week. This was not a hotel room, but a condo, with a full size kitchen, living room area and upstairs loft bedroom with full bath. The hotel was recently--very recently as in they were just finishing--- renovated. Everything was brand new, clean and well appointed. A perfect place to stay if you have extended business in Hartford or just want to spend a weekend downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, spacious "home away from home" while in downtown Hartford, CT. The rooms are huge, larger than some apartments. There is a fully equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave and dishwasher. The bedroom is five steps up and has a king-size bed, large closet with mirrored doors, chest of drawers, and large flat screen TV. Downstairs is a large desk for doing work with plenty of outlets and an ethernet port if needed for a computer. Downstairs furniture includes a chair & ottoman, L-shaped sleep sofa, coffee table, large flat screen TV, and dininig table with four chairs. This hotel was just recently remodeled so everything is clean, bright, and new. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast included daily and hot coffee anytime. Hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to convention center and great restaurants. Would come again anytime!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2014

First, I have to say I have never seen a GM office right next to the check in desk and the door is always open. I had a small problem during my stay and it was resolved above and beyond my expectation.
Second, the hotel just went through a renovation, I am not sure if all rooms are the same but my room was excellent. It had this loft feel to it with 3 different levels, very cool! The gym is spacious with a lot of variety.
Third, you can't beat the location, its downtown next to a lot of restaurants and cool bars.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, away from the street noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

AA75:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We understand that sometimes problems may arise during a stay, but it is our goal to resolve each situation as quickly and thoroughly as possible. I am glad that we were able to accomplish that for you. I am so glad that you liked the layout of your room. All of our hotel rooms are slightly different due to the historic features of our building, but many of our rooms are multi level loft style rooms that offer great space to relax and spread out! We look forward to having you stay with us should your travels bring you back to Hartford.

Lisa McIntyre
Director of Sales

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The service at the front desk is excellent! The representatives greeted me and made me feel welcomed, one employee in particular was Constance. She was extra jolly but it wasn't too much. I would definitely come back

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I rarely write a bad review, but I travel a lot for business and this stay warranted mention. I am not a high-maintenance traveler. I understand they are undergoing renovations, however the facility was under par for the cost. First, there are several doors to negotiate manually from the street. Since no one greets you, I was left to handle several bags myself late at night. There are better ways to ensure guest safety than multiple sets of manually operated doors and no help. The room itself was a strange layout, which wouldn't have mattered that much if a) the wireless was working consistently and b) the towel bar didn't fall off when I put a towel on it and c) the sink drained. I agree with Charlotte1203 who noted that the hallways were dirty and rundown. There was quite a bit of noise from the street, translating to a not-so-restful sleep. I moved to the Marriott downtown after 1 night and was much happier. I will not be staying here again, even after renovations are complete.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Mark G, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to comment on your experience at my property. Regardless of a renovation or not, your stay should be seamless and be an enjoyable experience. I am extremely sorry that my property did not meet your expectations. Our renovation will be complete within the next few days, and I appreciate your feedback.