“Unique rooms -- in a good way!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Hartford Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
Denver, Colorado
“Unique rooms -- in a good way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

Don't expect your standard Residence Inn. A rehabbed downtown building yields interesting 1BR (with loft) and 2 BR suites. The rooms we saw were set off by half a level of stairs, which affords plenty of privacy. Our bedroom was open to the living room (i.e., "loft") but it was never a problem.

We found that our room had recently been used, contrary to hotel policy, by smokers. Management was chagrined and most cooperative in getting us a replacement room. They took $100 off our bill, which was appreciated but not entirely necessary. Great beds; nice kitchen (even though we didn't use it); oddly shaped eating area but who cares, really....

If I had to be in Hartford, Connecticut, this is definitely the place I'd stay.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

I have just spent a week at the Residence Inn Hartford and would recommend it for anyone needing to stay in a central location.
The staff was very helpful, the rooms were clean and large and small problems like a squeaky bathroom door were taken care of immediately.
The breakfast offered is hot and fresh and has a good variety of choices. I did not try the dinner offerings.
I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there in the future.

• Liked — They provided excellent service
  • Disliked — MY room was a looong walk from the elevators
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Newton, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

I've stayed in this hotel several times during my son's tenure at the University of Hartford. If you are familiar with Residence Inns.........this is by far the best one in which you will ever stay. The rooms are huge. Any other hotel you would pay a suite rate 3x as much, and it would be smaller. The staff and management have always been friendly and accommodating every time we've stayed here.

Most recently, I booked 4 rooms for graduation. Upon my arrival, to my suprise, the manager had upgraded our room to 2 Penthouse suites that were three story, 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites. Really nice. We walked to our dinner reservation at Max Downtown (which was outstanding). Later we drank at local pubs. This is the place to stay for location, value, and room to spare! Good job Marriott.

• Liked — room size
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2008

Hard to believe, but I'm pretty sure the size of my hotel room was larger than my first apartment! two bedrooms, 1 bath, living room and kitchen (refrig, stove, sink, dishwasher). 3 TV's, free internet, dining table for 4.

I even got a call after we checked in from the front desk asking if everything was okay.

Location was excellent (presuming you want to be downtown). Parking was $19/day, but very convenient (preferable to valet parking, if you ask me).

Breakfast (free) was nice (fruit and yogurt along with the standard waffles/bages/etc). The 'standard' coffee was lousy, but they had a coffee machine that produced some good stuff.

Elevators were slow (only two of them), but if that is the worst thing I can say about this place, then you know I liked it.

We were in room 306.

• Liked — room size
  • Disliked — slow elevators
  • Stayed May 2008
1 Thank steve
new haven, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2008

This is a great place to go for a quick getaway. The rooms are clean, good size, and comfortable. With in the same building there is a comedy club, resturant ,and Bar. It is called CIty Steam good pub food great drinks and the comedy show was great. And when your done stumble over to the lobby and up to your room. In the morning there is a free breakfast buffet. My wife and I had a great night out and would recommend this to anyone.

• Liked — All in one location.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2008

This hotel exceeded my expectations by 100%! Convenient location (right off of the highway and walking distance to our destination-Cirque du Soleil). Newly renovated lobby with a very friendly and helpful check-in (I think her name was Lilly). We stayed on the 8th floor in the "2-level rooms/suites". The room was gorgeous! Two levels-1st level with a 1/2 bath, closet, full kitchen and huge living area. Beautiful views of downtown Hartford and the CT River. The 2nd level had another huge closet, sink and separate shower area, and overly comfortable queen size bed. TVs on both levels. This room could definitely be used for an "extended stay" while in the Hartford area. Another great convenience: City Steam Brewery connected to the restaurant-they even deliver! Complimentary morning breakfast with the usual: waffles, cereal, eggs, sausage, variety of fruit and beverages. Check-out when very smooth. All of this for $99!! It was amazing! The only slight downfall-parking is $16 per night. There are probably cheaper garages around, but parking in the Residence Inn lot is the most convenient.

I would definitely go back to the Residence Inn if I have another event in downtown Hartford.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2008

I'm not much of a Marriott fan, they're hit or miss, their 800 # stinks, good luck getting your points, etc. But I was thoroughly impressed by this hotel. First impression, they had $8/day parking in the back, which was nice. Didn't have to haul luggage from a parking garage. Friendly and intelligent desk staff. But then the room was amazing. Full kitchen on the left with stove and fridge, living room to the right, desk/study area off to another right. Back to the left, bathroom up a 1/2 flight of stairs, another 1/2 flight to the bedroom. Bed was very comfy too, couldn't last past 1st quarter of MNF (the Bears still sucked - Packer fan). I felt like I was in a nicely decorated apartment for $150.

The breakfast the next day was over the top. Eggs, hashbrowns, sausage (treif), yogurt, fruit, hot cereal, plus the standard decent hotel breakfast fare like waffle iron, bagels, cereal, juices, etc. And the plates and utensils weren't plastic. With a good night's sleep and a real breakfast, I was ready to hit it when I left.

That's when things went downhill again (travel to CT was it's own story). Like many large colonial cities (i.e. Boston), downtown is a confusing and chaotic traffic jam unless you live there. Mobile google maps and I were no match. I was teaching an IT class for The Hartford, just outside of downtown. I would have made it in half the time if I would have walked. Wish I would have known about the shuttle.

But since I had a good night's sleep, good breakfast, and intelligent students, the morning and day turned out good.

As a traveling computer programming instructor that has seen both ends of the spectrum, and has lived to tell funny stories (afterwards), this was among the best stays I've had.

• Liked — clean, comfortable bed, the breakfast, parking, full kitchen
  • Disliked — didn't know about the shuttle
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business