Hilton Hartford
$294
Residence Inn
$127
$81
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites(Hartford)(Great Value!)
$114
$91
Agoda.com
$190
1,196 results
All reviewsxl centerfront deskthe executive loungehartford stagerestaurant staffroom servicebeds were comfortablebusiness tripfitness centerconvenient locationdowntown areashuttle serviceoff the highwaybushnell parkparkingmodebbie
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Went to Hartford to attend an event at the XL center. Great location for that as the hotel is attached. When we arrived at 5:15 they did not have a room available for us with two double beds. We were told to come back in 30 min. We did, still no room available. Since we were on a schedule and needed to eat dinner, I accepted a room with a king bed. The staff person upgraded us to the Hilton Honors floor (2125). There is a lounge on the 22nd floor, but they did not seem to offer anything on the weekend. At first glance the room was fine. There was a wet spot on the floor next to the bed but other than that nothing seemed unusual. We dropped our stuff and headed out to dinner at the M&M Cafe in the lobby. The food was fine, but they seemed very understaffed. We went to our event and returned after. All night I kept smelling something off but couldn't figure out what it was, I thought maybe the pillows were old. The next morning I made the discovery of vomit on the bed skirt near the wet spot. We were on our way out and I mentioned it to the person who checked us out and he comped us the parking fee ($18). We had breakfast at the hotel (not even Dunkin Donuts down the street was open on a Sunday morning) the buffet was not great and much to my surprise, no pancakes! The one thing my daughter loves to eat.
I do wish there was a better mechanism in place if someone has been sick in a room. Maybe hotels shouldn't rent them out for 48 hours or so. And maybe a double check on the cleaning should be done. I doubt I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I helped my son move into an apartment for the summer and spent the evening at the Hilton. The front desk staff was extremely welcoming and willing to give me tons of information about Hartford. The room was modern, updated, and comfortable. My only suggestion would be to add valet parking as none of the reviewers on this site were pleased with having to walk through the parking lot. Hartford is a strange city with some seedy neighborhoods. But, if you walk in the direction of the XL center there are plenty of lovely restaurants and bars (loved Salute). We ended up spending a lot of time in West Hartford-lots of nice shops, restaurants and movies. I will definitely stay at the Hilton again when visiting my son.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Funtravel25
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Loved loved loved this property. Was going to a concert at the XL center right next door, super location close to great restaurants, the Hartford Stage and the XL. Beautiful cozy room and super comfortable bed (I adore Hilton beds and linens) added bonus of a beautiful view of Hartford and the CT river. After the concert we ordered room service that I found to be dirt cheap for FAB food (my daughter said the best boneless chicken strips ever) Choc cake was divine. Went shopping in the AM and did not want to rush for check out, the staff had no problem extending me an hour (thank you). Nice pool and weight room.
Breakfast in the AM we chose the buffet and it was great! This was a great stay and we will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Good clean room, good service. Good location in downtown, close to the convention center where we were attending a large event hosted by the Art of Living. Free wireless internet in the lobby worked fast enough; it would have been great to have it in the rooms also. Free wired internet in the room also worked well.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I am not kidding. I woke up one morning and went into the bathroom to take a shower and out of the corner of my eye i noticed some movement. There he/she was...frozen..under the sink area - the cockroach from hell. I know most of you are thinking...please, i am sure it was not that big. I knew no one would believe me, so i actually took pictures with my I-Phone as well as a short video. I was blown away. After i finally won the battle - having to crush it with the garbage can...I checked out of the hotel. I told the person at the front desk...to let the cleaning person know that there was a huge, dead cockroach in the room. The front desk person seemed shocked..and i guess in order to make it up to me offered me a free breakfast! of course that is the last place i would want to eat breakfast. The kicker of this entire ordeal is that after my stay I decided to share with Hilton - throught their Customer Service website - my ordeal...so they would know why i was no longer a customer....it has been 4 weeks and i still have not heard a peep back. Oh well....the Hilton name is just not what it used to be. shame.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business