“Wedding Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Hartford

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Hartford
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Halifax, nova scotia
“Wedding Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Good choice for accommodation for out-of-town guests. The staff were welcoming, friendly & helpful, at the front desk, on the floor & even in the elevator. Juan, at the front desk, was particularly accommodating with a room change and remembering my name on a busy Friday. The special event rate was fair. Location near restaurants & the park(Jazz Festival), as well as the riverfront walking trail was perfect.

Room Tip: We had 2 double beds which made the room feel crowded, but we could have had the king, and would ano...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear seaspray3

I am grateful that we were able to create a memorable stay for you during the wedding weekend. Juan is outstanding at his job and he appreciates the positive accolades. We hope we are able to accommodate you with future celebrations.

Anish Patney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Gorham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Overall a good Hilton but the bar is very uncomfortable and doesn't welcome you to sit and have a nice beverage after a long drive. If you are there for an event you will find the one elevator is not enough and you will get a work out on the stairs.

The parking situation seems like an after thought. It was confusing to get from the parking garage to the check in and once you found your way you couldn't get back.

Rooms were nice, clean and well kept.

But stay away from the restaurant at breakfast time. I watched with disbelief as people were ignored, bypassed and then treated as if they were bothering the staff. Service was so bad, that for the first time in my life I left a ten cent tip. I wanted them to know I didn't forget. Over priced at that, just bad service and honestly you can get a better breakfast sand which at a 7 11 microwave.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear VisitME,

While I am happy you felt the rooms were well kept and clean, I would like the opportunity to discuss your recent review with you in detail. In regards to the elevators , we do have two available in the main lobby and four guest elevators near our Bistro. We strive for complete guest satisfaction from check-in to check-out. I can be reached at your earliest convenience at the phone number below.

Best Regards,
860-240-7200
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed here several times while on business. The hotel is located in a great location. Its usually quiet unless there is some sort of major event going on at the Exel center. There are several restaurants in walking distance. The restaurant located in the hotel (M & M Bistro) is excellent for a restaurant in a hotel. Overall this is one of the better choices when staying in Downtown Hartford.

Room Tip: If available request a room facing the Hartford stage. The other rooms face the parking garage and n...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Felix I,

I am grateful for your kind review. I agree, our location is ideal with many attractions close by. Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I hope we see you again soon.

anderson, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The house keeping services and the room were top notch. I was very pleased with the housekeeping staff they were very accommodating. The pool area was my largest issue. The facilities were extremely dated and in need of both cleaning and paint. I ate breakfast at the resturant twice it was tasty if a bit overpriced

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

WHGGuestService, General Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Ralph H,

I will let the Housekeeping team know they were very accommodating during your stay and thank them for allowing our guests to enjoy “top notch” service. Your comments regarding the pool area will be discussed with my management team, and we thank you for the input. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a convention that was held at the convention center. I would have gotten a hotel closer to the convention center but they were booked. This hotel is about 0.7 miles from the convention center so it is not a bad walk when the weather is good. If not, then you can catch the free Dash bus that stops at the corner of Trumbull and Church St. right outside the hotel.

The room was comfortable. The HVAC was quiet and worked well. The TV had real High Def channels and Internet was quick at all times that I tried it.

Check in can get crowded and overwhelmed at times. When I checked in just after noon it was no problem. At 3 PM the lobby was swarming with people trying to check in and it looked a bit slow so I decided to ask my question at the front desk at a later time.

I took a taxi from the airport and the rate is a flat $45 before tip. There is a parking garage next to the hotel with a separate elevator. Use the garage elevator to go to the lobby and then there is another elevator to go to you room.

There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance. The area has good police presence and I was never threatened by any urban-outdoorsmen. Walking around downtown was not a problem.

There are two bars and one restaurant in the hotel. There was quick and friendly in each location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear W4ATL,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your review of our hotel. Especially coming from a Top Contributor on TripAdvisor your review is appreciated. We take great pride in being able to offer our guests complimentary internet, high definition TV channels and comfortable surroundings. We know that you have many options when choosing a hotel downtown. My team and I are grateful you have selected the Hilton Hartford as your premier destination. When you decide to return to the area we will be here to welcome you back.

Keansburg, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

You're costumer service was so nice and helpful. Rooms were really clean and nicely sized. Pool was really nice. I can't wait for next year's convention I have already booked this hotel for next year.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Jeannehod,

From the clean and spacious rooms to the smile’s in the hallways, we take great pride to provide each guest with remarkable service. My team greatly appreciated your comments. We look forward to your stay for next year’s convention.

Pleasantville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We would like to express our sincere thanks to Mike Thomas and Glen Petrula for their wonderful assistance and service during our stay. Mike secured our motorcycle and trailer in front of the property and ensured it would be watched. Glen was very helpful when I needed a bandage and nothing was open on Sunday. Both very pleasant and helpful. Folks like this make our travel pleasurable. Thank you!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Donaleen01,

Mike and Glen always make it a point to go out of their way to accommodate even the smallest request. Thank you for recognizing them for all of their hard work and dedication. Whenever you are in the area again it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.