“Good service and facilities”
Review of Hilton Hartford

Hilton Hartford
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hilton Hartford offers excellent value for money, in addition to free in room WIFI (free technical assistance is also provided) they have a laundromat on site. I found this invaluable after a couple of weeks travelling. Change for the service is available from the front desk. It cost me less than $US6 to wash and dry one full load. The room was very comfortable but the heating system was extremely noisy. Great TV service but not so good with the room service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and for recognizing some of the great amenities our property has to offer. I am happy you enjoyed our hotel’s complimentary internet and laundry service. Please know the heating troubles you encountered during your stay are not typical, and I regret that you were unable to enjoy your room service. Your comments help us to prevent similar events from re-occurring. We look forward to your next arrival so we may continue to provide you with a positive and lasting impression.

Regards ,
Anish Patney

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

this is our fourth year of coming to the Hartford Hilton for our Family Christmas - we are about 20 plus babies....we stay for 3 nights We cannot say enough good things about the hotel and the staff - service is professional yet personal / our needs are anticipated and always resolved.
We are already scheduling our 2014 return!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor and for being a return guest. I will certainly convey your accolades to our associates. It’s always great to hear from a happy guest as it lets us know we’re doing things right. We look forward to your 2014 Family Christmas!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

It's been a little over a year since my last visit here(Stayed here practically every week from March-October 2012), and I can safely say that my opinion of the Hilton Hartford has only improved from an already enjoyable experience. Debbie who works the night-shift at the front desk has always provided top-notch customer service, and this stay was more of the same. My room was upgraded to a suite on the Honors level right across from the Executive Lounge, which was highly convenient. Overall, this property has nice, clean facilities, and top service. For the money, it is hard to top this property. Below I have summarized other parts of the hotel:

Room--Very clean, great housekeeping. Very comfortable bed with nice large flat screen TVs

Downstairs Bar--Nice as usual. Dave and Donna were not working(They do a great job as well), but the Sarah, filling in Dave's shift was pleasant and attentive. Overall Great experience.

Bistro312---Didn't eat there this visit, but the food I saw others order looked tasty

Workout/Pool Area--I walked through here to see if anything had changed. All equipment/pool/hot tub areas looked up to date and clean.

Executive Lounge--Better selection of food than I remember, overall good experience. Was pleasantly surprised when the on-shift attendant for the Lounge remembered me by full name.

Parking---Easy and a quick process to get ticket validated, and to get car out the following morning.

Again, overall great experience, and will be routing through Hartford again soon to stay here after traveling all day!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

David,

Thank you for your great review! I’m thrilled to see that Debbie, Dave, Donna and Sarah have been recognized for their amazing hospitality. I will certainly share your comments with them and encourage my team to keep up the great work!

I’m always impressed when I read a positive review that not only lets me know that we’re doing things right, but that our guests are truly enjoying their experiences and the many amenities we offer. Please let me know when you return so I may have the pleasure of discussing your stay with you in person.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Nothing can be more withering than driving 4.5 hours to a city you have never visited, being late, and thinking ahead to the volunteer experience. Wait... add the multiple accidents on I84 caused by what is arguably the nation's worst drivers. Did I mention the 6"-12" snowstorm forecast? Okay, now that you have the picture, park and register at the Hilton Hartford.

Nothing could have been better. A courteous desk staff took care of everything. I was there at 8.45 a.m., well before the official registration time, but that was not a problem. Suitcase and suit were taken to a safe place, room guaranteed, directions to the state capitol... wait, "We have a shuttle service that will take you to the door." Amazing.

I was in Connecticut to photograph an art exhibit created by the community of Newtown on the anniversary of their school tragedy. And within five minutes, I was calm and focused because of some caring concern for my well-being. So, let's go to the capitol. Glen, the shuttle driver, was standing right there, and within another five minutes, he was sharing his love of the city, giving me directions to the entrance, and telling me that he would be back to pick me up later that afternoon after I called the number on the hotel's business card.

I wish all of you had been there to share in this art therapy experience. The children explained their pieces, parents and friends participated in community art, they all met with the state's governor and their Supreme Court's chief justice, both gracious and focused on these children and their parents.

The phone call to the hotel that afternoon promised the shuttle in ten minutes; it was there in five. Glen and I shared our day and our best guesses for the impending storm totals. Back to the hotel and I met Cherene Cotter, probably the most courteous, polite, and thoughtful guest service agent I have ever met. Room - check. Answers to every question - check. Best laugh in two days - check. And the best part, when I came back down looking for a quick sandwich and a drink, I was greeted by name and given solutions before I even asked. Miss Cotter is a gem.

I was ready to return to the capitol for the evening reception with the governor's wife and other dignitaries and Newtown families and the amazing therapists who had provided their services to the Sandy Hook students and their parents. Shuttle was waiting, and Glen was offering any help I needed.

The evening was wonderful. One of the artists offered me a ride back to the hotel, and once again, I was greeted by this friendly staff who offered weather forecasts, directions for leaving the city, and even the commitment of a sandwich or two for my morning drive.

Shower. Bed. 4 a.m. wake-up call. Check out. Car was safe in their underground garage. Directions were spot on. And it was snowing about five hours earlier than predicted... okay, something had to go wrong. 500 images of Sandy Hook children, their day, their exhibit, and the talented and gifted artists who had invited me to photograph the experience are the memories I have of the day, but the Hilton staff will also be part of my travel stories for a long time.

Room Tip: I was on floor 15. What a view of the city! Seems like everyone is trying to leave at the same time...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam B
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Sam,

On behalf of Cherene, Glen and the entire Hilton Hartford team we would like to thank you for the high praise and for being a Senior Contributor for TripAdvisor. I am also grateful you were able to share your experience with the Newtown art therapy program and we were able to help you stay calm and focused during such a powerful exhibit . From the safe feeling of our parking garage to the personal care of offering a sandwich for your morning drive, your experience assures me that my team is doing everything right. I do agree that the view of the city from the 15th floor is amazing. We look forward to your next arrival so we may continue to provide you with a positive and lasting impression.

Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2013

front desk was rude when i apparoach the desk wouldnt answer my question after room was book under my name the lady was really rude and was so in a rush like her convo was more imporant to her co-workers than it was the guest...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kailyn, I’m terribly sorry your experience at our hotel was not a better one. Please know that all information TripAdvisor members share with us is reviewed and shared with the key members of the hotel team. I’m disappointed to read that our front desk agent was not helpful and responsive to your needs. I have taken up this matter with the front office manager to be sure that the team has the training to prevent incidents like this in the future. Historically they have been very adept at providing excellent guest service, so again, I’m truly sorry this was not your experience during your visit. I would welcome the opportunity to provide you with future accommodations so we can show you the hotel experience you deserve. Please contact me directly and I will make sure you have an outstanding experience.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here about ten times for business, and realized after the first visit that the shuttle cannot be counted on! It is very slow and if you have an 8:30 am meeting and come downstairs at 8 am, you will not make it on time! I love staying here for the nice room, view, food, fitness center and excerpt free, Wifi but know I need to get a rental car to make it to the office on time!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Katie - I truly appreciate the reviews we get from our guests who have the opportunity to return numerous times. Especially in your role as a senior contributor to Trip Advisor, it gives me a sense of how we’re doing over time and based on your feedback I’m thrilled to know we’re providing consistent quality accommodations. I’m proud that you\'ve selected our hotel for your business travel to Hartford. While we have no control over the shuttle system our Front Desk staff would be more than happy to arrange transportation for you during your next stay.

Regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The staff are a tremendous asset to the Hilton Brand. It really is my first place for travel when i'm in Hartford Connecticut. The breakfast at M&M is one of the best in the country. I would recommend any person traveling on Business to check out this hotel. It is so convenient to other top restaurants, theaters and nightlife

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!