“Good trip” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bucks County PA
“Good trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Everyone here is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and in good repair .I want to make special mention for the
folks that drive the shuttle as they will come and pick you up all over near the hotel such as restaurants ,from the train , from the office to the train and alleviate the taxis worry. A great service thank you.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I would like to take a moment to acknowledge your kind review on Trip Advisor. Please know that your feedback is truly appreciated. I am so pleased the Hotel was well-located for your needs and that you found our transportation services convenient. Your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to seeing you at our hotel again very soon.

Duan Schroder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Cheshire, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked the room through kayak.com for 200 dollars on New Year's Eve, a fair price for a room in the center of Hartford near all the action. However kayak charged my CREDIT card when I booked online, and then hotel charged my Debit card an additional 200 the day after. Thats 400 dollars for a ONE NIGHT STAY. I called Hilton on the 2nd of January and they assured me the charge would be removed, I waited four days and no refund was issued, I called again on the 6th and they again claimed they would rectify the error. STILL NOTHING. I have given them ample time to correct there mistake with no success so I've refuted the charge through Capitol One. Due to the Hartford Hilton's failure to resolve this SIMPLE ISSUE I will never stay in a Hilton hotel again.

Room Tip: Club floor is a ripoff save your money
Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex B
WHGGuestService, Manager at Hilton Hartford, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi Alex – Please accept my apology for this card situation. I take all the information posted on TripAdvisor very seriously and have followed up with my associates regarding this matter. As of this writing, the charges have been reversed. I acknowledge that this level of service is unacceptable and I’m sorry that it took longer than usual for the hold to be released. I’d also like to assure you and the TripAdvisor community that this was an isolated incident and truly not representative of typical experiences at our hotel or brand. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally regarding this matter, so don’t hesitate to reach out to me by calling the hotel.

Duane Schroder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a hotel room hear last minute for New Years Eve. I was a little worried at first because I'd read some mixed reviews but I was very happy with our stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful and checking in and out was very quick and easy. The location was also perfect for NYE. We were within walking distance to Hartford nightlife and lots of nice restaurants which was very convenient. The only negative comment I have is that they charge $18 to self park in their garage which I think is a bit much. I don't feel that I should be charged to park my own car in a hotel garage if I have a room there. Also the walls seem to be a bit thin and you could hear people in the hallway sometimes but it wasn't a big deal for us. Other than that I have to say I had a really nice stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KatrinaWH
New Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on 12/31/12 using our Hilton honors points. We were upgraded to a nicer room which included a complimentary appetizer and complimentary breakfast for only $18 for both. The staff from start to finish we're terrific. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean and overlooked Bushnell Park where we were able to see the 6:00 fireworks. The buffet breakfast was very good with a lot to choose from, including pancakes, eggs hash browns, fruit, delicious. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 19sp117
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The best part of the hotel is the convenience to the train station.
The hot tub was broken.
We had problems with the locks on the door.
We could hear a baby crying from the room below.
They charged you for wine in the lounge level (for Hilton Gold & above members)

Disappointing stay and puts a bad name on the Hilton brand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Journey2life
Westport, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Needs some renovation but still clean and acceptable. Good if you absolutely have to be in downtown Hatford. Concert was on across the street and the hotel had many (6?) security guards out front. Garage is awkward since some access renovation was underway. Staff was very pleasant. Really- everyone! Half-price appetizers at the bar all night on Tuesdays/Thursdays was a GREAT deal. Had 3 with a glass of wine- $25.00! Would sleep there again but if you have a car and can stay 5-6 miles away, there are liiely better deals to be found.
But then again, you would need to deal with AM traffic on weekdays which is horrible. Your call- but not bad.

Room Tip: high floors ARE very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lgalga
daggerz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I were going to a concert at the XL center for our fifth year wedding anniversary. So, I booked a stay at the Hilton Hartford over a month prior to my arrival. I booked a non refundable room with a King size bed through Expedia. We arrived at the Hilton Hartford at 6:00 pm and were told there are no more rooms with king size beds. I was very disappointed and told the clerk this was our wedding anniversary. He said the double beds are very "roomy". I asked if there were any suites available (I would've paid extra). He said they were sold out and then he offered to charge $10 versus their normal $18 for parking. Since the concert started at 7:30, we decided to just stay in the room with double beds. I had the worst sleep I've had in a long time. We have a king size bed at home so we're used to the larger bed.

The room was a typical room of a average hotel (definitely not what I would expect from a Hilton). The room had coffee stains on the wall. I've never stayed at a Hilton before but I'd be hesitant to stay at one again.

Upon checkout, I expressed how I was disappointed with my stay, the lady at the front desk just kept insisting to give them another chance and come back next year for our anniversary. I told her I would never go back to that hotel again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank daggerz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hartford Marriott Downtown
#5 of 11 in Hartford
3.5 of 5 stars 326 reviews
BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!