“The last straw at this location”
Review of Hilton Hartford

Hilton Hartford
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“The last straw at this location”
Reviewed December 26, 2007

I have stayed at the Hilton Hartford on several occasions and have reviewed this hotel in the past. I dont usually write another review for a hotel unless there is something extraordinarily good or bad to update.

In this particular case, its bad and its pretty much the last straw for me and this hotel.

The hotel itself is fine, nothing stunning but a standard Hilton with well maintained rooms, bed and bathroom although the bath is a bit small. The gym is wonderful and the location is near where I have to be.

The downside to this hotel, and it is a huge downside is that the customer service at this location has consistently gone down every time I stay here to the point that it is horrible now. They have never got my reservation right, there is no recognition of diamond status here and frankly I think you get a better room if you dont have any status with Hilton because I cant imagine rooms in a worse place then they give me when im here. The hot water generally takes about 20 minutes to start flowing so plan on that. There is always something missing from the room, this time it was a hotel directory with a menu in it, when I called down to the desk to get a menu they kept insisting on dictating the menu to me over the phone, it took threating to talk to the manager to get one of them to bring one up.

Last time I was in Hartford I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn which was nearby and frankly had better service and nicer rooms so its time to stick a fork in this Hitlon, they are done with me, I will be staying there from now one.

• Liked — Its a pretty standard Hitlon, the gym is nice
  • Disliked — The staff is horrible
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank hdblue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
pa
Reviewed December 13, 2007

On December 6, 2007 while walking into the bathroom of my hotel room at the Hartford Hilton Hotel I unexpectedly stepped on a piece of broken glass that lodged into the bottom of my right foot on the outside of the instep causing significant pain and bleeding.
The extracted piece of glass was approximately 1 cm long.
I lodged a formal complaint against the Hotel for their negligence and irresponsibly that resulted in my personal injury. I have traveled extensively and have never had a similar experience at any other hotels. I am considering suing the Hilton Hotel for my personal injury and the Hilton Hotel’s negligence that caused this personal injury.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank hartford123
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Having spent the prior night at the Crowne Plaza (old, disappointing) I was very pleased with my executive floor room at the Hilton. The bed was comfy with great linens, the amenities were great, and the room was clean, modern and spacious. The club level free breakfast was better than the pay buffet in the coffee shop downstairs. I had a great meal from room service one night. Service at this hotel was quiet good, with a friendly and helpful concierge. I had some little complaints, such as the elevators being overwhelmed during peak times and my key card no working, but I would definitely stay here if in Hartford again.

A colleague who stayed at the Marriott was very disappointed in his hotel room, calling it old and dirty, and my room at the Crowne Plaza was not at all what I expected. The Hilton seems to be the best game in town.

• Liked — comfortable room
  • Disliked — problems with key card
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank JAtlanta
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Pretty average hotel. I was there for a conference the same night the Bruce Springsteen concert was happening next door, so it was a little crazy at first. I was on the Executive level and the room was completely average, the Exec Level hospitality lounge was okay, charged for alchohol as most American Hiltons do, but they had great appetizers. Location was pretty good, a nice walk to the Convention Center located at the Marriott. The Hilton Bar was weird, the older lady bardtender was there by herself, and would close at midnight. And, she said they don't serve shots. It wasnt a horrible stay, but I don't feel the need to stay there again. The Marriott was beautiful, with great bars, restaurants and a Starbucks! We are staying there next time.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — It was not very nice and just a weird kind of stay
Bayside, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Had an overnight stay at the Hilton in Hartford, CT for a business trip. Hotel was easily located off of 84 and can be easily spotted from the streets.

I was given probably the worst room as far as location goes. Lowest floor. Next to the elevator. And with a view of the roof of the conference rooms, along with another wall. Not what I expected for someone who has gold status with Hilton.

The room itself was nice, clean and homely. All pillows lacked fluffiness. My head would go straight through the pillow and be resting on the bed.

The bathroom was a little small... the door wouldnt need to be opened for 90 degrees, and it would smack the shower rod.

Internet access was $10. Parking was $17.

Going back to check-in, I thought it was great that the reception asked me if I wanted a wake-up call set up. I set it up. Of course, I never got the call in the morning. Fortunately, I set a back up alarm on my cell phone. The alarm clock in the bedroom did not work as well.

• Liked — homely feel of the room
  • Disliked — forgot my wake-up call
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 18, 2007

The Hilton's rooms are good sized, and our room on the back of the hotel was very quiet. It has apparently recently renovated and everything looked good.

Because of time constraints, we ate at the hotel coffee shop but do not let the name 'coffee shop' confuse you The menu was much more that what you would normally see at a coffee shop, and it was open for breaksfast, lunch and dinner. The wait staff was very friendly and had a bit of attitude which made eating there enjoyable. Their attitude is one of friendly teasing etc., so is a good attitude.

There is a small lounge area done in modern wood that looked very inviting but we did not use it.

• Liked — The location is easy to get to and get around downtown Hartford.
  • Disliked — I was surprised by the price charged for the internet in the business center; it was 49 cents a minute to access the internet.
College Station, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2007

We were staying for a conference and had a great experience.There was obviously some other function in town and the hotel had what seemed like millions of young teenage girls and their chaperons.We were anxious it would be loud and noisy, but either those were the best behaved group I've ever seen or the hotel tried to keep them together and booked us on a separate floor.breakfast at the coffee shop was quick and efficient(after the girls had checked out)and we enjoyed interacting with the staff. Got some great recommendations to eat outside the hotel within walking distance. Thanks for a great stay.

• Liked — great staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank teacup610
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#5 of 12 in Hartford
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites

Been to Hilton Hartford? Share your experiences!