“Not a typical Hilton - Very Loud!”
Review of Hilton Hartford

Hilton Hartford
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Not a typical Hilton - Very Loud!”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The biggest plus was the Hilton bedding. It doesn't get much better than Hilton bedding!! Room service was also VERY good and priced very well! We booked a king room but were first given a double, went back down to the desk and they changed it. Would have been nice if they just read our reservation and gave us the room to begin with. We had two nights on business and one night on our own. Apparently this complicated things. Overall, the front desk wasn't very accommodating - we wanted a late checkout and they would not even entertain that idea until they heard I was willing to pay. Thanks for doing me the favor. We didn't have housekeeping come once to clean our room {on our request}. I called once for fresh towels, additional toilet paper, and tissues and it was like I was asking for something completely outrageous. The pool and whirlpool need work, very outdated, and the whirlpool is TINY. Last time we were in CT on business we stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn and it was a lot nicer than the Hilton.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
South Berwick, Maine
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Pluses: Nice beds, good "Hilton" bedding (great pillows and all bedding changed with every guest), convenient location, free wi-fi

Minuses: LOUD! We were on the 20th floor, and I was awakened with sirens and road noise throughout the night, the room is bare-bones (and we are on an "executive" floor)- no fridge, the bathroom is set up strangely (you can hardly reach the tp from the toilet), and there is a very limited TV channel selection (no food network, nick, etc). And parking was an additional $18.

The breakfast buffet was good, but fairly standard. I wouldn't have wanted to pay $35 for it (I got free coupons being a "diamond" member of their rewards program).

I used points in combination with money for my room, so it wasn't too expensive. It was better than a redroof or other cheap motel, but I would have been disappointed if I'd payed full price.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Highway side must be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on September 10, 2011. We were checked in by a lady named Sherize (excuse the spelling; this is a guess). She was very nice and went out of her way to take care of us. I mentioned we were celebrating an anniversary, and she gave us an upgrade on our room. I later forgot our room #, and, even though she had only seen me at check-in, she called me by name immediately, and gave me my room #. She also gave us a complimentary breakfast.
When we were going to check out, I had a question, and it was busy at the desk, and the bellman, (the only thing I remember about his name is that it started with an "n") helped me so I did not have to wait in line. While I do not remember his name, I did call the line to comment on the employees who went above and beyond and named him along with Sherize.
These two individuals alone would make me want to stay at this hotel again, but it was beautiful, and a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Old. Tired. Bar open late. Cafe was actually excellent for a mid tier hotel. Room service prices very reasonable. Front desk help - exceptional.

• Stayed September 2011
CA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was overall nice. The bathrooms just okay. A little spotty with desk service at night, but they were courteous. Feels a little 'deserted' in the lobby. The parking lot is not overseen late at night, and coming in at an off hour, in this part of time, where it's very empty and doesn't feel safe is definitely something that is a downside to the stay. They also charge about 19.00 per night for parking, which adds up fast-- and that is a downside as well. However, it was more a positive experience than a negative one overall, and would, in the end, recommend over discouraging customers.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Just came back from a weekend getaway and this is the place I always stay in this area. It is easy on and off the highway and the hotel is consistently good. The rooms are always clean and just as pictured. The hotel bar and resteraunt are good without being overly expensive. The location is great for local attractions in the area. If you are in the area and need to stay overnight, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The accomodations were what you would expect from a Hilton and everyone was very friendly. The only downside was the coffee shop/restarurant in the Hotel had very slow service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business