“A "Neighborhood Bar" in Downtown Hartford”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 495 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2019

One of the things that makes this place special is the familiarity with which a customer is greeted and treated from start to finish. Salute is a full restaurant with a small bar section but the atmosphere always feels as if one is among friends and family. It is the go-to place for Happy Hour when drink specials and generous small plates are served. Their main menu offers plenty of pasta choices, but also delicacies such as Peppercorn Crusted Ahi Tuna, Frenched Veal chop as well as Filet Mignon. Desserts are exceptional and their garlic bread is legendary. Be sure to bring home a couple of mini-loaves (which they sell frozen).

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed January 8, 2019

Salute was a wonderful find! We went there after a matinee at the Bushnell. They offer a 10% theater discount and 50% off (ticket validation) at a nearby parking lot.

The service was particularly friendly and warm. The food was delicious. I had a perfectly cooked steak, and my wife's penne a la vodka was fantastic. Prices were surprisingly reasonable. We will definitely return the next time we see a show in Hartford.

Reviewed January 7, 2019

The Salute Restaurant hosts a wonderful atmosphere, terrific owner and host,
who recognized our name from Boston and treated us splendidly. Food, ambiance and
experience top drawer from start to finish!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed December 29, 2018

I used to visit Hartford frequently so I would walk to Saulte. Now that I visit West Hartford frequently, I take the uber down here! Regardless of my circumstance, the service is great! I have come multiple times just to sit at the bar and have one of their delicious cocktails. The bartenders/management are so welcoming and go out of their way to be friendly. I have ordered food once and it was pretty good. Once I wasn't a customer and my car/phone were dead so they let me repeatedly hover/use their phone to call AAA! I'll be sure to come back next time I have a cocktail hour free.

1  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

We dined here before seeing Hamilton with our three kids as it is a short walk from the Bushnell. The place was packed and it was a fun atmosphere. The service was excellent. Our server even suggested we get a lunch portion for my youngest child. As we were getting ready to leave, they offered to wrap up all of our leftovers – the portions are huge – and hold them for us until after the show. Since everything was so delicious, we took them up on this kind offer. We returned to have them waiting for us with the addition of two loaves of garlic cheese bread, a bag of biscotti and the offer of coffee for the ride home. Thank you Salute and we look forward to our next visit!

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to Salute? Share your experiences!