“The best meal we had in Hartford!”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 441 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We loved our dinner at Salute and would absolutely say it's a 'must' if you're in town. It's a popular restaurant, so making reservations ahead of time is important. We arrived just before our reservation time and were seated within a few minutes. Our server was very helpful, friendly, and attentive. The food is incredible- fresh and very well prepared. We shared an order of their infamous garlic cheese bread. Don't miss it. Even though it was dinner time, our server was willing to accommodate my request for a lunch-sized portion of pasta. Hands-down, this was the best meal we had in Hartford! Call early to make your reservation and enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Salute

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Not a traditional Italian restaurant, but possibly the best food I've had in CT. Yes, I put it up there with Treva and Bricco, maybe just above. You have to get the cheesy garlic bread then I had a classic caesar and my wife had the spinach salad. For entree's we enjoyed the Shrimp Fra Diablo and the Rose Pasta. The Fra Diablo was loaded with chorizo, red pepper and shrimp - a little spicey, but that's the way I like it. The rose pasta was a creamy light red sauce. The servings were each very generous so we have lunch today. We did manage to split a Tiramisu that was definitely the best I can remember - incredible creaminess and flavor. I must also note that the wait staff was excellent and attentive, as well as the people who met us as we walked in. All in all a memorable experience and one we will repeat despite the 40 minute drive into the city. BTW - they have their own parking adjacent to the restaurant so it's not much of a hassle, no more than West Hartford Blue Back area.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Salute has a great eclectic menu with lots of vegetarian options and good service. I especially recommend the butternut squash salad! It's a great lunch option in downtown Hartford.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was decent, but make sure you order salad with dressing on the side .. a bit too much. The drinks were fantastic though.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I would classify this atmosphere to be “casual elegance”. One may dress semi-formal, smart casual or casual and feel comfortable.

I adored the menu selection. Yes, it was an abundance to select from and if I had the opportunity, I would try them all. The price is expensive but well worth it!

Our waiter, Rafael, knew his menu items thoroughly. He recommended excellent menu selections with my dietary restrictions.

We ordered the Gabbiano Chianti, recommended by Rafael.

Then, placed our dinner order:
Spasta Pesto - julienne vegetables in a nest of spaghetti squash in home made meat sauce. The flavors exploded in my mouth. Scrumptious.
Shrimp Piccata – leeks, onions, capers and tomato in white wine, lemon and butter sauce over linguine

During our dinner, I spoke with Rafael, and requested we conclude our meal in order to meet our return CT Transit bus @ Union Station. Rafael met that time frame with time to spare – outstanding time management.

We had the Lava cake with vanilla gelato chocolate sauce and candies walnuts.

Kudos to the entire Kitchen Staff for such a delectable meal.

I would return and I would invite my travel friends to eat here, as well. Andrew Zimmern would be pleased.