“Food was delicious”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 444 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Food was delicious but overpriced. Nice atmosphere but nothing special. I would go again to try other items on the menu, but not anytime soon.

1  Thank Skap234

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Delicious and varied menu for the value. Outdoor seating. Conveniently located to park and downtown businesses.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Spectacular food, outstanding service, great personalities...what a special meal! It a little loud in the bar area when we walked in, but fortunately we were seated in a room farther back that was much quieter. We had spectacular service from everyone; water pourer, extra plate carrier, our waiter, the host...everyone. When I made our reservation I was asked if it was a special occasion, and I told them it was our anniversary. The waiter knew, the host knew, my husband's dessert was decorated and we found out later, free...extra biscotti to take home "and think about each other tomorrow" and a loaf of their amazing garlic cheese bread to boot. My husband's scallops were tender and full of flavor. My special strip steak with cinnamon and chipotle were to die for, not to mention the gorgonzola mashed potatoes. Salute did not disappoint, and the service was like nowhere else. Honestly!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I cannot believe this is the #1 restaurant in Hartford. I ate here on 3/18/2013. The place is OK, but not #1.

The food was OK, service was decent but not spectacular, prices were middle of the road. Overall, nothing special.

I would be hard pressed to return.

1  Thank 82-Ag
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our group of 4 visited here during NCAA women's tournament between sessions. Time of course was limited. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Service was fast, efficient, and helpful. Our table ordered the fra diavolo, pasta, shrimp and salmon. Everyone was more than satisfied with their meal. I considered my pasta dish to be outstanding. We will return.