“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 431 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Salute is a fabulous restaurant that my husband and I often frequent when we are in the downtown Hartford area. The service is excellent, and the owners try to make it around to different tables to inquire about the dining experience. It is a very busy place, so making reservations is critical during peak hours. However, it is worth it to go there. From the decor to the food to the service, it's a wonderful addition to Hartford's restaurants. Their happy hour is also great, especially in the summer when you can utilize the outdoor patio!
In addition to going with my husband, I have also gone there on double dates, with my family, and with a bunch of my friends. It is a wonderful venue that can suit many different needs as diners. It is also great that they validate your parking and you pay half price ($3.50) if you park in the garage!

Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
“Great food and a good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went on a date with my husband and decided to try Salute because it was Hartfords #1 restaurant on tripadvisor. It has earned it's spot! We sat at the bar and just got drinks and appetizers. The locally brewed IPA was DELISH! We ordered the crab cake and the spicy tuna tempura maki. The crab cake was good, a little on the bready side, but the tuna was fantastic! I would go back just for the tuna alone. The atmosphere was good, welcoming. All and all, a successful date and we will be back next time we're in Hartford!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went to celebrate our friends' birthday and they sat us in a small room located near the bar, the bar was unbelievably packed got separated from my husband as I tried to make my way to the table. Our server seemed to be on something, she was very gittery, off balance and couldn't stand still, so much so that one of the girls at our table asked her if she had to go to the bathroom. I ordered a shrimp with linguine dish because of lent and the shrimps were amazing, the pasta was just that pasta, nothing to write home about. The cocktails were amazing so I could understand why the bar was so packed! We were allowed to stay way beyond our meal time because the manager could tell we're we having a great time catching up with friends. I would visit again for happy hour.

South Windsor, Connecticut
“Salute to Salute!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Salute is a good food/ gathering place in downtown Hartford.

While the menu has a decided Italian influence, it is not an Italian restaurant! The menu has many choices and you will find something to satisfy your palate. Prices are reasonable for a downtown restaurant, and the food very well prepared and presented.

I was there with a 3 others before an sporting event. Even though it was crowded, we were seated and served without any feeling of being rushed.

There is a bar that is crowded with an after work crowd, and even though its central to the restaurant, its not noisy.

NOTE: This was my 3rd or 4th visit and the first time I actually had dinner. There is usually a wait, particularly so if there is an event occurring at the XL Center, 2 blocks away. They do take reservations and it is highly recommended you make one!

Merrick, New York
“Best meal in Hartford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was in Hartford for over a week recently, so I ate out a lot... This was by far the best food in the city.
Being from NY, I am generally picky about Italian food outside of the NYC metro area but the food here was top notch. The service was also awesome. The owner was constantly walking around, not just talking to people, but actually taking drink orders and jumping in to help the waitstaff wherever he could. This is not something that you typically see & the restaurant certainly benefits from the owner's involvement.
The wait staff generally seemed happy to be there which is another plus for the restaurant. It was packed from 5:00 on so I would recommend a reservation if you can.
I loved the 'spasta' dish which was spaghetti squash & vegetables in a pesto sauce. It was a nice alternative to traditional menu items & offered a healthier option to the menu.

They were also very accomodating to our large business group & made us feel very welcome.